Digital Trading & Optimisation Manager -Home & Food
Are you looking for a Digital Trading and Optimisation manager role within food that gives you the chance to inject your creativity, technical expertise and broad digital knowledge to take the channel to the next level? Do you have passion and interest in the customer journey, and the desire to provide the best possible customer experience? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘yes’ then you're just the kind of person we're looking for!
As our new Digital Trading & Optimisation Manager - Food you will manage the trading and optimisation of the customer journey to maximise sales and provide a first-class experience. As part of this you will:
- Be responsible for analysing and optimising the customer journey as well as improving this through analysis, insight and AB testing.
- Work cross-functionally with B&M, marketing and editorial to deliver holistic product launch plans.
- Identify opportunities to highlight products and trends through edits, headers, landing pages and content spots.
- Get the chance to create bespoke strategies in each major region in order to maximise sales, service and conversion.
- Manage a key calendar of seasonal events which could be anything from Valentine’s Day to Father’s Day and everything in-between!
- Be the go-to person in the team for the most up-to-date intelligence on what our competitors are doing, as well as provide ideas for how we can make sure that Selfridges is at the absolute forefront of exceptional customer experience.
- Line manage a team where you’ll engage with and enable them to develop and evolve.
You’ll be reporting into the Senior Digital Trading Manager, as well as working closely internally with B&M, Marketing, Editorial, Digital Experience, Analytics and Operations. As our Digital Trading & Optimisation Manager, you will also be managing a Digital Site Merchandiser and an Assistant Digital Site Merchandiser, making sure they’re meeting their performance objectives, whilst mentoring, supporting and facilitating their career progression where you can.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll have plenty of hands-on digital trading and optimisation experience, so you’ll know a thing or two about what a good customer journey looks like.
- Being results-orientated and analytical will really help you in this role and you’ll have experience of managing a broad set of requirements. You’ll need to be confident and comfortable in making quick decisions.
- You’ll be a natural leader, who takes pride in celebrating success and sharing stories throughout as well as beyond your team!
- Strong multi-tasking abilities will work in your favour and you’ll know how to prioritise, delegate and work to tight deadlines in a calm and effective way.
- An all-round positive attitude is will get you far in your career at Selfridges! With this in mind, you’ll have no problem living our values on a daily basis, encouraging your team to live and breathe them too!
If you’re looking for a role where you’ll be managing a talented team and where you can make a real impact from day one, then this Digital Trading and Optimisation Manager role would be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop at Digital Trading either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development