Digital Stylist - Photostudio
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
As a Digital Stylist, you will help implement and interpret the Selfridges creative vision through the styling of the Online Shoots. You will understand and maintain best practices, not only to achieve very high standards of styling and imagery but also to maintain agreed efficiencies within the studios.
As a Digital Stylist, you will:
- Maintain and encourage a positive ‘can do’ atmosphere in the studios which is conducive to high production levels and excellent quality of work
- Obtain a wide variety of styling techniques across Menswear and Womenswear.
- Attention to detail is crucial, maintaining a very high quality of imagery across the board is essential.
- Maintain excellent brand and competitor knowledge across Menswear and Womenswear, ranging from High Street to Super Brands, and everything in between.
- Draw inspiration from a variety of fashion media to influence styling ideas, helping the Selfridges website remain fresh and forward thinking.
- Maintain understanding of trends and utilise this knowledge on a daily basis to execute intelligent and informed looks.
- Build relationships with the wider business to ensure brands are represented correctly for optimum customer experience.
- Ensure excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Style Guides in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website.
- Work with Stylist Assistants to ensure all product is prepped for the shoot within the agreed timelines.
- To maintain efficiencies in the studios and ensure Senior Stylists and Styling Management receives scheduled updates on what is happening in the studios.
- Responsible for briefing freelancers who come in on the daily Best Practices for the Stylist role, ensuring consistency of processes and imagery as well as output of each studio.
- Continually work with peers to implement styling changes that can be made within the studio, improving the images or shoot efficiencies.
- Able to troubleshoot, show initiative through a back catalogue of fashion knowledge, and have the confidence to make decisions where necessary.
- Have the ability to direct models and work alongside Photographer and Art Director to select imagery.
- Maintain a tidy and workable set, ensuring at the end of the day it is clear of all products and ready for the following days shoot.
- Able to lift and carry clothing on a prep day.
- Making sure products are handled with care throughout the entire studio process and in line with Stock on Loan.
- Mentor Assistant Stylists and encourage their development across all categories.
- Lead and inspire, living the Selfridges values.
The Ideal Candidate
This role requires a person with excellent brand knowledge and a very strong creative visual focus, as well as possessing strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- 2/3 years styling experience
- Good communication skills and able to give and take direction
- Strong fashion and brand/competitor knowledge
- Luxury Ecommerce experience is essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills, with a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Manual handling
- Good time management within a busy and pressured environment
- Takes initiative
NB. We kindly ask that you submit a portfolio as part of the application process. A website and social page can be additional.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.