As our Junior Photographer your will own our shoot mannequin cut out shots. You will be responsible for taking ownership of the digital operation in a fast paced, rapidly growing e-commerce studio. Reporting into the Photography Manager, you will be responsible for photographing the first shot the Selfridges’ customer views online. It’s essential that the daily targets are achieved in what is a rapidly growing area within the luxury online retail experience. It is imperative that you live and work by the Selfridges values, which encourages team members to share and collaborate ideas, inspiring one another whilst maintaining the up most respect for each other.
- Working closely with a team of stylist to achieve the daily targets of approx. 50 products per day.
- Develop competency in shooting Men’s & Women’s fashion and still life.
- Be eager to develop skillset and technical ability by working closely with Mid-Weight and Senior Photographers.
- Shoot all products in accordance to the styling guidelines.
- Provide assistance to the photography team as a whole.
- Maintain sets, ensuring all photographic equipment is in working order, reporting any damaged items that are in need of repair.
- Quality assurance; Undertake a site walks on an ad hoc basis and reporting back to other photographers and image co-ordinators.
- To have a good understanding of the Selfridges digital voice.
The Ideal Candidate
- A good understanding of the technical aspects of photography.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm to learn.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with a team.
- Experience working in an ecommerce photographic studio, ideally with a fashion background and with keen interest within the industry.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of fashion lighting and basic studio knowledge including studio upkeep.
- Basic brand knowledge and confident with model direction.
- General understanding of the technical requirements for shooting products.
About the Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work