Web3 Blockchain Project Manager (6-month FT)
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
The creation of the Innovation Hub at Selfridges forms part of our strategic initiatives for 2022 and is a fundamental element of our Customer Strategy in the long term. The first key priority for the Innovation Hub will be to enable the growth of new business models at Selfridges – in addition to the focus upon our circular business proposition “Resellfridges” and following a successful NFT pilot, the team is also focussed on embedding Web3 product and blockchain technology within the business.
As the Web3 Strategy Manager you will support the Commercial Lead to define and deliver the NFT and blockchain authentication strategy. You will work across the organization to review the current state and help develop our capability.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Build, scale and manage our developing Web3 product strategy (NFT) to be strategically aligned with marketing and business objectives
- Identify and explore development of partnerships, alliances, and new business opportunities
- Review current state offering to identify quick wins
- Define future roadmap and business requirements for delivery
- Ensuring effective alignment and collaboration with stakeholders across key areas of the Selfridges team – such as Technology and CX, Social Media and Communications.
- End to end management of projects
- Scoping out the potential use of blockchain traceability and authentication
- Educating senior leaders and wider business on developments and new technologies
The Ideal Candidate
- Deep understanding and interest in the NFT landscape and use of blockchain for authentication with multiple experiences of implementation
- Strong in execution and delivery orientation - able to plan, manage and adapt multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent stakeholder management: collaborative, open and transparent and confident working across teams
- Able to navigate the organisation and work in a fast pace and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Capable of working within a pressurized environment to tight deadlines
- Previous e-commerce website and retail experience preferable
- Confident and positive with solution-orientated outlook
- Exemplary at presenting ideas at both a high level for senior stakeholders, but also at a more detail level for peers and working teams – someone versed in storytelling and taking people on a journey.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.