Are you looking for a new Waiter role that gives you the chance to work in restaurants for one of the World’s most iconic department stores? Are you passionate about food and want to share your joy of good food with customers from many different walks of life? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in restaurants as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
There is more to Selfridges than exclusive designer labels. In fact, over 20,000 customers dine at our cafés and restaurants each week (that’s a lot of customers!) If you can mirror the exceptional standard of service throughout the store, we can offer you an exciting environment with plenty of variety and loads of opportunities to grow.
With a strong emphasis on elegance, you will be passionate about eating well and championing 'good foods’ as a Waiter at Selfridges. Whether you are serving quintessentially British blends with the Mr Selfridge Afternoon Tea or the freshest Rock Oysters with Selfridges' Selection Rosé Champagne, you'll be professional and strive to consistently deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
This is your chance to work for a company where customer experience is ingrained throughout its history. Our founder, Harry Gordon Selfridge, famously expressed that ‘a department store should be a social centre, not merely a place for shopping,’ and this could not be truer for Selfridges today.
The Ideal Candidate
- As a part of the waiting team in one of our restaurants, you’ll demonstrate a keen interest in delivering the world-class standards and customer experience that we are renowned for.
- Your communication skills will be first-class, and you'll enjoy interacting with customers while working as part of a busy team.
- You’ll need good knowledge of fresh foods and organic ingredients, as well as some knowledge of ethical and sustainable farming practices (ideally.)
- A positive, can-do attitude is what we love here, and you’ll always be prepared to go above and beyond for our customers.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to surround yourself by a diverse team, with experience across an array of catering and hospitality disciplines from which you can learn a great deal. It doesn’t just stop at waiting either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development