- Passionate about and have a strong understanding of why user-cantered design is important and how user research contributes to it.
- Work with the UX manager & wider experience team to deliver an extraordinary digital experience.
- Create high quality sketches, wireframes, prototypes, user flows etc…
- Support our test and learn programme by producing the stimulus required & running the sessions.
- Analyse & collate user research which will then be used to inform design decisions.
- Work closely with UX, UI designers & developers to build experiences that meet both the customer and business needs.
- Produce design rationale and specification documentation.
- Conduct layout and design adjustments based of customer & stakeholder feedback.
- Champion the importance of and be an ambassador for good UX, with the ability to share insights with stakeholders around the business.
- Will develop and build a strong profile throughout the digital business.
- Proactively troubleshoot user experience issue on our digital platforms and produce design solutions.
- A strong understanding of Axure, Visio, Photoshop or Sketch
The Ideal Candidate
- Understand & support delivery of the team strategy.
- Build & maintain relationships across stakeholder groups.
- Understand & be aware of the work, process and stakeholders within Digital.
- Understand the impact of the work you are delivering.
- Confident planning & prioritising your own workload.
- Responsible for producing high quality deliverables.
- Support the wider team with requests.
- Take ownership of your development plan.
- Confident when communicating to stakeholders within the team & across digital.
- Able to comfortably challenge across the digital team.
- Proactive and have a can-do attitude.
- Proactively seek challenges & learning opportunities.
- Have a good awareness of our trade and creative campaigns.
- Have a passion for learning, and ensure to keep up with the latest digital trends and best practices.
- You will live the Selfridges values.
- Ability to work in an agile environment, adapting to delivery timelines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to produce high-quality design deliverables, such as wireframes, empathy maps, interactive prototypes etc...
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish, managing stakeholders' expectations and delivering to project timelines
- Ability to share back ideas and take on board suggestions or improvements
- Ability to comfortably challenge and articulate alternative solutions with stakeholders across digital
- Ability to present ideas to stakeholders, clearly articulating the benefits and gaining the support needed to deliver
- Ability to work collaboratively sharing knowledge and learning with your peers
About the Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work