Training Manager (Strategic Programmes) FTC 12 Months
Are you looking for a Training Manager role that is fast-paced and gives you the opportunity to own and deliver inspiring, engaging and effective training? Are you a people person with a natural curiosity to discover more about what makes great training? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in training as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
As our new Training Manager, you’ll be accountable for the end-to-end planning, delivery and handover of training for strategic programmes. As part of this, you will:
- Develop and own a set of best-practice standards on training design, development and delivery for all training on strategic programmes to follow and adhere to.
- Provide quality assurance to all training deliverables including approach, plan, training needs analysis and course content.
- Look after all training where you’ll continuously evaluate and action any improvements needed to make future training even better.
- Create a 12-month view of the training pipeline and make sure we have all the resource we need to meet demand for the business area.
- Work closely with L&D as well as your stakeholders across the business to ensure we are delivering a robust, sustainable approach to training once a project has closed.
- Provide coaching and development to the strategic programmes training team and advise assignment leads on best practice for the day-to-day management of training performance.
You’ll be reporting into the Senior Change Lead as well as working closely internally with the Learning and Development Team.
The Ideal Candidate
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- You’ll have broad expertise in training design and delivery with experience of each element of the training cycle within a strategic change programme.
- You’ll be a passionate L&D professional where you’ll have previously developed and facilitated all sorts of training.
- A natural team player, you’ll also enjoy and have experience of managing a team, with great mentoring skills and an approachable nature.
- It would be amazing if you had experience of e-learning design and delivery, as well as a background in a service-focused environment (although this isn’t the be all and end all!)
- You’ll be energetic with the ability to influence and engage teams and stakeholders across all levels of the business. We are looking for someone who oozes positivity and has a winning attitude to be able to face the more challenging aspects of the role.
- You’ll have conviction in your decisions with sound decisions based on what’s best for the success of the team.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are passionate about delivering an exceptional training experience. If you’re looking to come into a new role that is fast-paced where you can make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop at Training in Strategic Programmes either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development