Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to use your knowledge of the business to take Digital Trading to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As Trading Assistant, you will support the Trade Manager in delivering digital sales performance in your categories. Working closely with the Buying & Merchandising team, Optimisation Team and Performance Marketing, you are instrumental in the delivering the category sales and trade plans. You are data driven in your approach, understand the digital customer, analysing the key metrics across sales, traffic, AOV and conversion.
As Trading Assistant you will:
- Support with weekly, monthly and ad-hoc trade reporting, using web analytical tools and sales reporting systems to feedback on Divisional performance including sales, availability, conversion, AOV.
- Understands the digital customer and analysis the key digital trading metrics.
- Support the Trade Manager in co-ordinating key trading opportunities, and projects throughout the year.
- Supports on building out the divisional and regional trade calendar with key opportunities for product, trend and brand launches.
- Work cross-functionally with key Buying & Merchandising stakeholders on product opportunities, and launch plans onsite and across key channels to drive performance.
- Supports on reporting and troubleshooting on OOS, Abandonments and NPS, and feed in solutions to customer challenges.
- Supporting on onsite testing with key launches, onsite content and trading opportunities across devices and regions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Advanced Excel skills – with experience in compiling trade reports.
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Commercial mind set with a focus on driving sales & customer retention
- Prioritisation and planning to deliver against sales target and key commercial Digital KPIs, and supporting the trading function to delivery big commercial trade calendar moments.
- Passionate about online trading, you’ll be in touch with the latest trends – spotting the next big thing is something that’s always come naturally to you.
- Excellent communication skills, organised and ability to work across stakeholders within the business including Buying & Merchandising and Digital Optimisation, CRM and Performance Marketing on traffic driving opportunities.
- Understands the competition, and regularly feeds back on their trading activity.
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development