Test Manager - Digital
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Agile to take Digital to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in the digital sphere, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As the Test Manager, you will be accountable for delivering and managing testing across multiple projects and BAU within the Digital domain. You will define and drive to completion all aspects of a solution related to testing. You will need to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as part of this role will be to act as a business liaison. As the Test Manager, you will need to influence business thinking and provide guidance to business representatives, supporting key stakeholders and project representatives on test activity.
As a hands-on Test Manager, you will have strong Agile and Digital knowledge and will be working with several technology and project teams to ensure that all testing elements of a proposed solution are documented, approved and delivered. This includes managing BAU and project test plans, dependencies, risks, and issues. As the Test Manager, you will work closely with the following people/teams as a minimum: Architecture, Solution design, Business Analysis, Support, internal delivery teams and 3rd party solution and integration partners.
As part of this, you will:
- Be responsible for defining and implementing the Agile approach to testing within the Digital domain.
- Plan deploy and manage the testing effort for any given engagement.
- Collaboratively work with Test Leads, Product Owners and Project Managers to ensure that testing is conducted in line with Selfridges strategic direction.
- Hands on Test Automation experience, is desirable, especially as release on demand is the vision,
- Ensure visibility, traceability and control of the testing process to deliver high quality software.
- Understand the concept of CI/CD and how test/build pipelines work.
- Assist in defining the test environment strategy for the Digital domain.
- Work with suppliers and portfolio areas to ensure ongoing compliance to the testing principles for third parties and internal development teams.
- Lead the review of requirements, from a testing perspective.
- Identify the areas of risk, provide ongoing visibility of those to the Programme Management team.
- Effective risk mitigation and introduction of best practices.
- Actively drive testing efficiency throughout the supply chain, looking for opportunities to reduce cost and increase the use of automation.
- Provide a consolidated view of test progress across all work streams during the preparation and execution phases.
- Deploy and manage resources applying appropriate test measurements and metrics in the product and testing team.
- The following requirements must be guaranteed – Test Sufficiency, Effectiveness, Efficiency, progress and product quality.
The Ideal Candidate
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar Test Manager position
- Certification in any Agile Framework is required and hands on experience of agile ways of working.
- Experience within the Digital domain, including web platforms, CX and mobile apps
- Stakeholder Management across varying management layers
- Experience in fast pace delivery environments with competing priorities
- Experience of Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Previous retail experience would be preferable
- Previous experience with Websphere and AEM would be preferable
- Experience of project and programme delivery
- ISEB/ISTQB Certificate
- Good working knowledge with standard test tools
Personal Attributes/Behavioural Skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Excellent communication, organization and planning skills, pitching to the appropriate level
- Enthusiastic and passionate about testing and able to drive Testing Best Practice across teams
- Ability to continually question current customs and practice; and initiate quality improvements
- Ability to think laterally to resolve project issues
- Strategic and analytical problem solving and effective time management
- Experience of implementing and managing change within an IT environment
- Personal Effectiveness (resilience)
- Planning and organising
- Commercial Sense
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about the digital sphere. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development