Selfridges are looking for a dynamic corporate tax professional to join their tax team. This role will report into the Group Head of Tax.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing the corporate tax compliance process for the Selfridges entities within a view to bringing in-house
- Building relationships with external advisors, understanding detail of tax computations and year-end tax account provisioning including the consolidated tax disclosures
- Managing QIPs / cash flows from a corporation tax perspective
- Partnering with the business on tax matters with a view to adding value in areas such as:
- Capital allowances
- Updating the business on opportunities and legislative change
- Projects where tax input is required
- Preparation and management of the annual CFC review, CIR calculations and CBCR reports
- Managing the outsourced annual capital allowances work
- Being a point person for the Selfridges finance team on all corporate tax matters
- Managing and owning tax governance arrangements (SAO, CCO, tax strategy etc.) and giving assurance to the CFO
- Assisting the Head of Tax with group property entities, relationships with the international businesses and projects such as transfer pricing and interaction with HMRC
- Assisting with employment tax matters for non-resident team members and preparation of the PSA and P11Ds.
The successful candidate will be
- CTA/ACA qualified
- Have a strong background in UK corporation tax compliance and tax disclosures including consolidation under IFRS
- Experience in the retail market preferred but not essential
- Have a strong understanding of tax accounting processes
- The ability to build strong relationships with key business stakeholders and external advisors.