Indirect Tax Assistant Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Tax and Accountancy? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in finance, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As Tax Analyst / Accountant, you’ll be responsible for the preparation of VAT / GST and other ITX return filings, liaising with the Finance team to manage payment of liabilities maintaining compliance with rules in each jurisdiction. Your role will also be responsible for daily VAT accounting support to the Finance team including ownership of the VAT ledgers and providing VAT advice to the team as required.
As Tax Analyst / Accountant you will manage indirect tax compliance requirements for the UK business both domestic and overseas, ensuring that filings are both accurate and on-time, with payments executed in order to meet liabilities due. This will primarily be met through adopting existing processes and building in relevant enhancements and includes:
- Obtaining data and reports to support workings and filings
- Review source data to validate content and identify anomalies
- Preparation of VAT / GST and other ITX regime filings, including digital reporting and on-line regimes
- Dealing with Tax Authorities enquiries
- Account reconciliations / journal preparation
- Cash-flow modelling
- Enhancing controls and supporting governance framework
- Review and update SOPs to support the compliance process and timetable
- Support for and liaison with the tax and finance teams.
- Ability to run data analytics analysis on current processes to identify improvements.
The role will also involve providing wider ITX advisory support to the tax team including the identification of implementation of potential cost savings from the current processes, and will also have exposure to other tax regimes across the Group and provides for development opportunities / progression.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience. A Tax compliance analyst currently working in ITX who understands the fundamental requirements of VAT / ITX regimes;
- Technical. It is essential that you have an Accounting qualification or relevant experience; account reconciliation essential – recent experience of VAT / ITX compliance, including US sales tax, ideal;
- Experience of direct tax regimes, such as employment taxes, would be an advantage;
- A strong communicator. You will be able to adapt to, and communicate and work with, a variety of individuals and teams across tax and finance at differing levels;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently at pace to a very high standard, managing workload to strict deadlines;
- Strategic. You will be a strategic thinker, with the ability to prioritise and be extremely comfortable in a fast pace environment
- A problem solver. You will be able to problem solve/be reactive when required, providing innovative and creative solutions;
- Personable, with the ability to influence and gain the trust and respect of people at all levels quickly;
- Able to manage own workload and keep others informed;
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about Tax and Accountancy. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development