Tailoring and Bodywear Buyer
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Summary of role: To be responsible for the Tailoring and Bodywear buying areas for the business, To source new brands and product and negotiate the best terms for Selfridges, to manage existing brands and concessions and to work with marketing to drive sales and maximise profitability. To ensure the ordering process is managed efficiently within own area and to manage and develop a small team where relevant.
- To source new brands and product in line with the strategy through knowledge and expertise of the product and market
- To negotiate the best possible terms with suppliers i.e. margin, trade discounts, markdown support, marketing contribution, supplier funding for team members and sell through agreements.
- To be the first to market with new and exclusive brands and devise the launch strategy with the retail, events, marketing, social and digital teams
- To ensure that Buying decisions are based on a sound commercial framework to drive sales and profit
- To work closely with the Merchandiser to plan the OTB and to monitor and review in season, taking action or making recommendations to the Buying Manager where necessary.
- To be responsible for range planning, working closely with the Merchandiser and Buying Manager
- To manage existing brands through analysis of performance, taking action when necessary and making decision to keep or discontinue within the business
- To manage the performance of concession businesses through regular meetings with the concession business and through analysis of their performance, making recommendations to the Buying Manager
- To ensure effective communication with retail operations teams, particularly with regard to new season launches and product training
- To deliver extraordinary experiences for our customers, through pop ups, new spaces and events
- To work closely with VM to ensure product placement optimises the look and performance of the department
- To work closely with Marketing and PR and to maximise promotional opportunities during negotiations with suppliers
- To work with Property where necessary to ensure new concepts are implemented effectively
- To be responsible for the ordering process within the area, ensuring compliance with all relevant processes
- To manage a small team where appropriate, conducting weekly 1-2-1 meetings focusing on their individual performance and development
The Ideal Candidate
- Well-developed understanding of the product/market
- Creative flair
- Numerate with highly commercial approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiator
- Systems literate
- Ability to influence
Your Career At Selfridges
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to achieving this. Team members across our business maintain our vision through the values we live day-to-day and the unique Selfridges spirit we bring to every project.
Just as we create an extraordinary experience for our customers, we are dedicated to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work. Being part of the Selfridges community offers many opportunities and unique experiences. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’