Are you looking for a Systems Accountant role that gives you the opportunity to work for one of the world's leading retail brands? Want to work as part of a dedicated Finance team, and grow your systems knowledge within finance? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
- To ensure all group companies and operations have the systems and processes to report on an accurate and timely basis in line with Finance reporting requirements.
- To ensure that day to day and monthly reporting and controlling processes are robust and effective, with appropriate internal controls in place.
- Understand all system interfaces ensuring with the other systems accountants that all interfaces run accurately and efficiently on a weekly basis
- Work closely with the counterparts within the financial systems group; provide guidance for production of reporting tools.
- To work with Finance to develop a suite of Key Performance Indicators (financial and non-financial) to help understand key drivers and enhance business performance
- To review the accounting and operational systems and related financial processes to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- To provide finance systems technical and financial support (Level 1) to the Finance team and business users, in particular operational finance based at the Leicester head office site.
- Facilitate and support training for all business stakeholders in various locations with the Finance teams
- Proactively examining processes and seeking ways to improve, automate or otherwise extract efficiency.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to resolve system discrepancies and issues
- Knowledge and experience of Hyperion Essbase, (not essential)
- Perform ad-hoc duties as required
- Based in the Leicester office, occasional travel to London will be required
Leading & Customer Service:
- To actively build knowledge and understanding of the business as a whole and specifically the client group areas.
- To work with the wider IT teams to actively build knowledge around all Selfridges’ systems and related data interfaces, ensuring robust interface controls are in place
- To work proactively to build positive working relationships with all customers.
- To seek customer feedback and resolve queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- To anticipate customer questions by a thorough critical review of processes.
- To seek and develop ways to improve financial information to reduce customer queries.
- To meet or exceed deadlines and customer expectations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle EBS R12 and accounting processes
- Previous experience supporting and managing finance systems / ERP, including Oracle Financials in these modules- General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Cash Management, Purchasing, i-Procurement, Fixed Assets.
- Project Costing and Property Manager knowledge/experience (Desirable)
- Strong understanding of accounting principles - an accountancy qualification (ACCA / CIMA / ACA Part or Fully Qualified)
- Confident to gain the support of senior management to make systems changes and with a character able to manage potential reluctance to these changes from users
- Ability to work to a high standard of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter with experience of understanding, documenting and accounting for business processes
- Proven ability to prioritise workload, identify key priorities and manage own time effectively
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication/ interpersonal and influencing skills
- PC skills (excel/ word/PowerPoint)
- Highly organised and efficient and able to manage own workload
- Flexible and able to work in a changeable, dynamic environment
- Demonstrates a desire to continuously improve processes and outputs
- Good Communication skills
- Prior experience in a similar role
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programs to help your career development