Reporting into the Creative Lead you will be the guardian of Selfridges style across Men’s and Womens’s fashion in the E-commerce Photo Studio.
As the Styling manager, you will:
- Line manage the styling team and continually strive to educate and improve the team’s performance with industry insights and always, customer focused.
- Schedule the daily styling team and delegate responsibility to the Senior stylists where necessary
- Evolve and develop the Styling guides seasonally across MW and WW
- Review contact sheets daily and provide feedback to the team
- Review styling prep ahead of on-model sets and ensure Styling guides are adhered to.
- Partner with the Styling Editor to update and develop Style guides for the team
- Partner with the Photography editor and Styling Editor to keep output consistent and always striving to improve quality.
- Sign-off all new models to the Photo Studio roster and work with the Bookings editor to evolve the roster seasonally and in line with business needs
- Present seasonal Buys and styling updates to the wider studio team
- Oversee the wardrobe buys alongside the Styling editor and Studio Manager
- Track KPI’s and work with the Imagery Lead to positively impact cost per product, reshoot rate, error rate, set start times and productivity. Provide additional training when required to ensure that productivity is high
- A champion of Selfridges style and the ability to foster relationships across the wider business.
This role is a on-site 5 days a week, studio based role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Lead by example, a strong and experienced stylist, able to step in at style at peak times extensive experience in creative or fashion industry
- A strong portfolio of styling experience across Womenswear and Menswear across e- commerce and editorial would be beneficial
- Solid and demonstrated experience with a wide range of Photographers Experienced team manager who leads by example
- Luxury and high-street brand experience essential Experience across Fashion, Beauty and Accessories
- Ability to draw on a wide range of references that speak to the Selfridges tone of voice Competent in producing presentations and style decks to share with senior stakeholders Accuracy and a strong eye for detail ensuring delivery of exceptional work
- Calm within busy environment. You are able to prioritise, having good time management and are adaptive, with the ability to multi-task effectively
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.