The role will assist the Creative Presentation team to maximise productivity within the Creative Presentation Studio as outlined below. The role will also ensure that the Studio is run smoothly and efficiently with focus on budget management and time planning.
Provide support for the Head of Creative Presentation & Creative Presentation team:
- Coordinates meetings, booking of meeting rooms and any catering requirements.
- Arranges travel and accommodation requirements for the Head of Creative Presentation & Senior Team as required.
- Processes expenses for the Head of Creative Presentation
- Scheduling, documenting and communicating Creative Presentation operational activity including regular scheme update emails to the team.
- Working with the management team to ensure clarity and resource planning for production, installs, de-installs and events. This will include engaging freelancers where required for the VM team and keeping track of freelance costs across the whole team.
- Assists the Head of Creative Presentation and Senior Planning Manager with keeping track of scheme, category, freelance and department running costs ensuring that the budgets are tracked and all expenditure accounted for.
- Working with Senior Planning Manager to ensure that where relevant contracts are in place for regular suppliers.
- Assist with the arrangement and chairing for the Creative scheme meeting producing agendas, updating the scheme sheet and distributing meetings notes to team members.
- Operates the clockwise process for the Creative Presentation team and provides managers with weekly Time and Attendance reports and supports the broader Creative team when necessary.
- Ensuring holidays and absences are recorded. Creating and maintaining holiday calendar and requests sheets. Ensuring Return to Work forms are completed by team members following absences.
- Working with Senior Planning Manager to ensure overtime and in lieu is operated consistently for all team members.
- Ensuring any short-term employees (work experience and interns) joining the team have the relevant access to IT facilities and are enrolled on induction training.
- Taking on the role of Health and Safety representative for the Creative Presentation team.
- Uses effective and appropriate communication with all customers and suppliers from within and outside the business.
Ensure smooth running of the Creative Presentation Studio:
- Order consumables in line with budget allowances and ensuring no shortages occur.
- Working with all team members to ensure that high standards of tidiness and cleanliness are maintained throughout the studio - especially in the kitchen.
- Ensure post is delivered to or collected by team members
- Be a point of call for any problems that may arise in the space - heating/toilets etc and work with Facilities team to ensure that these are dealt with.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Understands business priorities/deadlines and manages own workload in an organised, efficient manner
- Works effectively as part of a team and able to confidently and articulately communicate at all levels
- Highly flexible in approach
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards
- Highly confidential and discreet
- Enthusiastic, with a keen interest in projects the Creative Team is involved in
- A proactive and communicative person with a can do and willing attitude.
- A calm and polite manner with an ability to communicate with all levels of the business including Directors.
- Highly proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
Your Career At Selfridges
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work