Stock Handler - 25
As a Stock Handler, you will ensure that stock is accounted for and in the right place, allowing the sales team to provide an efficient service to our customers. It’ll be down to you to keep paperwork up-to-date, using your initiative to sort out any problems, working effectively with your colleagues. There’ll be a lot of moving stock around the department. So we’ll expect you to follow safety and security practices at all times.
As a Stock Handler you will:
- Support with deliveries, working closely with the wider stock team to ensure these are received and processed on time and delivered to the correct departments in store
- Collaborate with other functions to ensure the right product is in the right place. Working with key stakeholders when collecting stock and preparing items to be dispatched, ensuring all items are processed and accounted for
- Keep all records up to date to ensure the system administration of any stock movements are accounted for
- Manage the movement of stock between various locations
- During peak periods, supporting the wider retail team
The Ideal Candidate
- Well organised. You understand the importance your role plays in our service proposition by maintaining clean, tidying and accurate stock rooms to support the sales team
- A great communicator. You will keep your division informed of workflow and timescales, pre-empting any issues and suggesting solutions
- Collaborative. You will work closely with multiple teams to ensure the safe guarding of stock, prevent loss and ensure product is accounted for at all times
- Adaptable. Ability to work both independently as well as collaborate across the wider team. You understand the need to shift working priorities due to competing deadlines and changing priorities
- A solutions focused individual with the ability to review ways of working and suggest improvements
- Able to lift and move stock safely and securely
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business.
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.