Stock Controller - Polo Ralph Lauren
As a Stock Controller, you will ensure that stock is accounted for and in the right place, allowing the sales team to provide an efficient service to our customers. It’ll be down to you to keep paperwork up-to-date, using your initiative to sort out any problems, working effectively with your colleagues. There’ll be a lot of moving stock around the department. So we’ll expect you to follow safety and security practices at all times.
As a Stock Controller you will:
- Support with deliveries, working closely with the wider stock team to ensure these are received and processed on time and delivered to the correct departments in store
- Collaborate with other functions to ensure the right product is in the right place. Working with key stakeholders when collecting stock and preparing items to be dispatched, ensuring all items are processed and accounted for
- Keep all records up to date to ensure the system administration of any stock movements are accounted for
- Manage the movement of stock between various locations
- During peak periods, supporting the wider retail team
The Ideal Candidate
- Well organised. You understand the importance your role plays in our service proposition by maintaining clean, tidying and accurate stock rooms to support the sales team
- A great communicator. You will keep your division informed of workflow and timescales, pre-empting any issues and suggesting solutions
- Collaborative. You will work closely with multiple teams to ensure the safe guarding of stock, prevent loss and ensure product is accounted for at all times
- Adaptable. Ability to work both independently as well as collaborate across the wider team. You understand the need to shift working priorities due to competing deadlines and changing priorities
- A solutions focused individual with the ability to review ways of working and suggest improvements
- Able to lift and move stock safely and securely
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development