Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
As our Signage Co-ordinator, you will support the Signage and Branding Manager in the production and delivery of signage and wayfinding in Selfridges Oxford Street as well as the regional stores. As part of this, you will:
- Continue to build Selfridges creative reputation through innovative, consistent signage, wayfinding and branding graphics for Selfridges Oxford Street.
- Follow Signage Studio processes and administration to ensure projects delivered on time, correctly formatted and consistent to guidelines.
- Take initial briefs from internal contacts and work with the appropriate team to develop signage and branding solutions to answer that brief.
- Supporting the Graphics and Creative Presentation team prepare signage/in store vinyl solutions that support ‘scheme’ graphics that are consistent with the overall graphic identity.
- Own the ordering and delivery of signage studio materials and vinyl.
- Supporting the Signage and Branding Manager, where applicable, work with Regional Creative Presentation Managers to ensure signage and branding guidelines are adhered to.
- Support in the implementation of wayfinding, vinyl and signage in Selfridges Oxford Street.
- Support in the implementation and production of hoarding vinyl and signage in Selfridges Oxford Street.
- Manage your own time, prioritising workload to meet project deadlines as outlined in the initial brief.
- Support the Art working, printing, finishing of the ticketing studio
- General studio support
- Continually review ways to improve communication and efficiencies across all areas of the signage/branding production process.
You’ll be reporting into Signage and Branding Manager in the production and delivery of signage and wayfinding in Selfridges Oxford Street, ensuring delivery to given budgets and timelines.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be organised and efficient and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude! You will have a clear understanding and passion for the Selfridges brand, alongside the enthusiasm and drive to manage your workload and multitask. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is desired, however not essential. This job is a brilliant opportunity for those who are passionate about creative presentation. If you are looking for a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
It doesn’t just stop at creative presentation either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.