Are you looking for a new role that gives you the chance to produce artwork and install visual displays? Looking for an opportunity that allows you to get hands on and support in-store projects? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in creative multimedia as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our new Signage Assistant, you will support the Signage and Branding Manager in the production and delivery of signage and wayfinding in Selfridges Oxford Street as well as the regional stores. As part of this, you will:
- Continue to build Selfridges creative reputation through innovative, consistent signage, wayfinding and branding graphics for Selfridges Oxford Street.
- Follow Signage Studio processes and administration to ensure projects delivered on time, correctly formatted and consistent to guidelines.
- Take initial briefs from internal contacts and work with the appropriate team to develop signage and branding solutions to answer that brief.
- Supporting the Graphics and Creative Presentation team prepare signage/in store vinyl solutions that support ‘scheme’ graphics that are consistent with the overall graphic identity.
- Own the ordering and delivery of signage studio materials and vinyl.
- Supporting the Signage and Branding Manager, where applicable, work with Regional Creative Presentation Managers to ensure signage and branding guidelines are adhered to.
- Support in the implementation of wayfinding, vinyl and signage in Selfridges Oxford Street.
- Support in the implementation and production of hoarding vinyl and signage in Selfridges Oxford Street.
- Manage your own time, prioritising workload to meet project deadlines as outlined in the initial brief.
- Continually review ways to improve communication and efficiencies across all areas of the signage/branding production process.
You’ll be reporting into Signage and Branding Manager in the production and delivery of wayfinding in Selfridges Oxford Street, ensuring delivery to given budgets and timelines.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be organised and efficient and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude! You will have a clear understanding and passion for the Selfridges brand, alongside the enthusiasm and drive to manage your workload and multitask. Familiarity with Adobe is desired, however not essential. This job is a brilliant opportunity for those who are passionate about creative presentation. If you are looking for a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
It doesn’t just stop at creative presentation either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development