Service Desk Analyst (12 Night Shifts per month)
As our new IT Service Desk Analyst, you will work within our service desk team based in Leicester. You will be working within our IT Service Operations Team, providing 1st line support to the business. As part of this, for this role there will be the requirement to work night shifts as we move to a 24/7 Operations Service. As a 1st line Service Desk Analyst you will:
- Lead the logging and troubleshooting of all alerts and escalate any Major Incidents through to the right resolver groups.
- Help maintain the security of our systems through proactive monitoring and informing stakeholders if there are any concerns or breaches.
- Own to keeping knowledge bases up to date and accurate
- Ensure all records are kept up to date through the life of the records within the ITSM tool
- Ability to provide technical support across our business on a 1st line skill level
- Review and understand logs to ensure corrective actions are taken and the actions are assigned to the correct resolver team
- Undertake and support with creating of scripts and automation to increase the efficiency of our service operations function
- Identify and escalate problems or OFI’s, to reduce and remove repetitive alerts
- Working within a shift pattern, covering a 24*7 period, thus including overnight and weekend working
- Monitor all IT systems across the business and flagging any concerns to the right teams.
- Ability to follow Incident Management best practice to provide 1st line support
- Provide eye on performance monitoring across the enterprise
- Work with our 3rd party resolver groups to resolve alerts and outages
- Working through normal incident management to ensure reduction in incidents along side all other Service Desk Analysts, either over the phone or working through our incident queues.
The Ideal Candidate
- Tenacious and demonstrate a high attention to detail with a can-do approach to get to the root cause of incidents quickly
- Experience of providing services remotely and in person, being able to build good relationships and trust
- Able to work both day and night shifts.
- Skilled in analysis and Service Operations processes
- General understanding of Networks and Security Operations.
- Able to multitask, show flexibility and able to prioritise your own workload
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Role model the company values in your day-to-day working
- Be a quick thinking, problem solving individual, adaptable to the varied Demand of the role.
- Ensure all processes are adhered to
- Reporting on your activity and sharing your findings on a weekly basis
- Ability to continually learn and develop your technical skills, to be able to support our enterprise
- Think customer first at all times
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development