Service Desk Analyst
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
As our IT Service Desk Analyst, you will sit at the front of our IT Service Operations team within our Leicester offices. You will be the first point of contact across the whole business, as well as the friendly face/voice into all things IT.
You will play an integral role in providing IT support for our team members throughout our Selfridges stores and head offices, and will be able to showcase your passion and knowledge for IT and customer service.
As part of this, you will:
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage and oversee reported IT issues
- Provide first line resolution of IT issues and queries, escalating problems to the relevant internal support teams and external partners as and when necessary, while keeping stakeholders updated
- Actively reduce the number of incidents into the Service Desk by highlighting incident trends and potential problems, through creative thinking and problem solving
- Support the transition of new services or service changes by adhering to new process changes or amendments, highlighting any risk that you may see to the service
- Support the achievement of customer satisfaction ratings and the reduction of call escalations, by regularly updating customers on call progress
- Share knowledge across the teams, and proactively contributing to continuous service improvement through identification of process improvements and problem prevention
- Ensure that all activities are performed at a consistently high standard with minimal risk to the Selfridges & Co and that opportunities to improve services and processes are identified and actioned.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of providing services remotely and in person, being able to build good relationships and trust
- Understanding how retail operates and being able to support the technology and team members in the use of IT
- Experience working with VIPs
- User account administration experience
- Ability to understand documentation and processes
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Role model the company values in your day-to-day working
- Work collaboratively with the immediate and wider teams
- Be a quick thinking, problem solving individual, adaptable to the varied demand of the role.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.