Service Desk Analyst - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to provide an added value service? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in IT as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our new IT Service Desk Analyst, you will work within our service desk team based in Leicester. You will play an integral role in providing IT support for our staff throughout Selfridges and back offices. You will be a team player, who is passionate about IT and customer service, and would like a role that offers the best of both worlds. As part of this, you will:
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage and oversee reported IT issues
- Provide first line resolution of IT issues and queries, escalating problems to the relevant internal support teams and external partners as and when necessary.
- Actively reduce the number of incidents into the Service Desk by highlighting incident trends and potential problems.
- Support the transition of new services or service changes by adhering to new process changes or amendments.
- Support the achievement of customer satisfaction ratings and the reduction of call escalations, by regularly updating customers on call progress
- Share information on trends/new issues/increases, proactively contributing to continuous service improvement through identification of process improvements and problem prevention
- Ensure that all activities are performed at a consistently high standard with minimal risk to the Selfridges & Co and that opportunities to improve services and processes are identified and actioned.
You’ll be reporting into the Incident and Problem manager as well as working closely internally with team members and external partners.
The Ideal Candidate
- Practical workstation experience as well as hardware and Software deployment experience
- Proficiency with Windows software and knowledge of MS Office, telephony and mobile
- Experience of installing PC Hardware and printers
- User account administration experience
- Ability to understand documentation and processes
- Role model the company values in your day-to-day working
- Work collaboratively with the immediate and wider teams
- Be a quick thinking, problem solving individual, adaptable to the varied demand of the role.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a team where no two days are the same. If you’re passionate about IT and seeking solutions, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development