Senior Trading Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to use your digital trading experience? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in digital as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As Senior Trading Manager, you responsible for the digital sales performance in your divisions. Working with multiple functions, you are strategic in your planning and implementation of your divisional sales and trade plans. You are data driven in your approach and understand the digital customer, analysing the key metrics across sales, traffic, AOV and conversion.
As Senior Trading Manager you will:
- Build strategic partnerships with the Buying Director, Finance Director, Senior Optimisation Manager, Global Development Lead and Head of Performance Marketing with the aim to build a successful and market leading website
- Lead on cross-functional divisional commercial strategy, sales planning and trade execution
- Be accountable for the overall commercial performance of your digital division. Creating strategies to increase topline sales and profitability now and in the future
- Drive medium and short term decision-making that is right for the digital customer
- Influences key stakeholders to create a holistic plan for their division
- Have a comprehensive understanding of what it takes to drive a digital business, which data to use, and how digital strategies drive performance
- Have a strong understanding of external market trends and competitor activity, understanding the impact on our own site and creating plans to combat
- Translate overall digital strategy into divisional plans, understanding the impact of various products and customer profiles and building individual plans to reflect this
The Ideal Candidate
- A natural leader and a great communicator. You are able to drive your team, as well as collaborate and influence cross functionally, to deliver results
- Data driven. Comprehensive knowledge of website analytics such as google analytics. You are experienced in driving right reports and dashboards, using them to track team success and make the right decisions
- Commercially astute. You have a successful track record in the achievement of targets and objectives, with an ability to stay ahead of competitors and deliver excellence. You will have specific experience in financial planning, digital metric forecasting, and building digital business cases
- Naturally pragmatic and solutions orientated. You are calm under pressure and can give clear guidance
- Service and experienced focused. Responsible for the digital trade in your area, you motivate your team to find solutions to customer challenges
- Organised and proactive. With extensive digital experience, you are skilled at interpreting data and responding to it. Navigating your team to formulate plans to combat loses and maximise opportunities
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development