Senior Trading Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to lead the trading of and deliverance of the strategy for one or more divisions across Digital Trading? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Retail Operations as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our new Senior Trading Manager you'll lead the team to provide the best possible customer experience online. As part of this, you will:
- Defines and delivers the strategy for the year
- Ownership of optimising the customer journey & product across all channels &
- Identifies new customer and product initiatives to drive sales
- Initiates A:B testing and works with wider business /CX Team to prioritise testing
- Partner with Marketing & Editorial Leadership to define strategies to increase sales,
engagement and retention
- Oversee forecasting and drive actions to deliver on sales & profit plan
- Accountability for all people aspects across division including development plans,
cross functional working, coaching.
- Influence and challenge decisions to ensure commercial, customer and team needs
- Leading the team to provide the best possible experience
- Take a leadership role across the wider Digital Team (e.g. leading team meetings,
stand ups, events)
- Provides regular updates to Head of Trading & trading team where relevant
- Attending updates with Exec Directors (as needed)
The Ideal Candidate
Consistently role models the values
- Commercial mind set with a focus on driving sales & customer retention
- Prioritisation and planning to deliver against targets
- Inspirational and highly visible presence
- Coaches and engages team in order to sustain a high performing team
- Actively seeks and provides feedback across team to drive development
- Focus on creating succession within team & wider business
- Develop a ‘working as one’ collaborative environment
- Communicate in a confident manner , influencing at a senior level
- Confidently make quality decisions at pace in line with strategy
About the Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development