Senior Tech Business Analyst - Customer & Data
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
We are seeking a passionate and highly motivated individual to join our Customer & Data team. As a Senior Business Analyst within Customer & Data team, you will work closely with product & tech teams to support successful delivery of projects & initiatives.
As part of this, you will:
- Collaborate with product teams for discovery phase to identify opportunities and root causes for problem statement
- Collaborate with the product team in shaping the product backlog and driving value swiftly through effective refinement and sequencing of Epics & User Stories.
- Work on highly complex data quality and integrity problems
- Elicit, validate, refine and manage the requirements (Epics, Features & Stories) within a given initiative, including defining the expected behaviour of the solution and the non-functional requirements.
- Ensure traceability of requirements through design, build, testing and deployment.
- Work closely with solution architects to identify issues and define solutions.
- Actively support all Quality and Implementation activities (including warranty).
- Fully understand the implementation of existing solutions within the domain and how they fit with the overall systems architecture
- Actively contribute to the evolution of the Business Analysis Chapter and the ways of working.
The Ideal Candidate
- An analytical mind. Detail orientated and have background in working with data within marketing and/or CRM.
- Technically adept and comfortable using SQL.
- Salesforce Experience.
- Experience working with and querying large databases to solve data quality and data integrity issues
- Experience in presenting insights to non-technical & senior stakeholders.
- Experience of working in Omnichannel Retail, with experience of Customer Relationship Management and Customer Data Management.
- Experience of a range of business requirements elicitation and engineering methods, business process analysis, and business solution design & assurance.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills with a drive for results, problem solving and action oriented.
- Quick learner, with a taste for discovering new technical tools and spotting data inconsistencies.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.