Senior Software Engineer
We are changing our Selfridges digital platform using the latest technologies and have an exciting opportunity for a Frontend Engineer to join our rapidly expanding agile teams based in our London office.
Your vision and ambition will contribute to shaping our online technology and influence our future technical direction. You will take pride in the robust code you deliver your team.
- Develop features which are highly secured, well-tested, and performant.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems of varying scope and complexity.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team and propose, implement solutions
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and processes.
- Confidently and continuously ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
- Collaborate with wider teams on large projects.
- Mentor team members on best engineering practices.
The Ideal Candidate
- Understanding of state-management patterns such as Redux, Flux or similar
- Experience in writing modular code that is easy to test, deploy and maintain.
- Experience in writing tests (unit/functional) for the front-end (Jest/React Testing Library)
- Knowledge of version control systems we use (Git/GitHub)
- Knowledge of common CI/CD tools
- Willing to learn, self-initiative and able to work independently
- Previous experience in design and develop medium/large-scale web
- Experience with using APIs
- Experience with data-driven development analytics like A/B testing
- Experience with AWS services (e.g., S3, Lambda, etc)
- Previous experience in retail/e-commerce industry
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development