Senior SEO Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of SEO to take our digital strategy to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our Senior SEO Manager, you will own, develop and deliver all aspects of Selfridges’ SEO strategy to deliver new customer acquisition growth and revenue targets across domestic and international markets, campaigns, product categories and brands. Creating and driving long term strategic and technical requirements for SEO including keywords, link building, analysis and auditing from both a content and technical perspective.
As part of this, you will:
- Drive long term strategic and technical requirements for SEO visibility growth, including keyword research, analysis and auditing from both a content and technical perspective, link building.
- Build relationships with key internal teams across technical, digital operations, external agency and wider ecommerce business, particularly editorial, creative and trading teams to ensure onsite & offsite strategy is aligned and best SEO best practice is followed
- Create and drive our offsite outreach campaigns whilst establishing relationships with the PR team, based on search volumes, revenue potential and brand affinity resulting in search rankings and new traffic opportunities
- Manage the SEO marketing agency to ensure campaigns are planned, executed and optimised in line with business requirements, ensuring adherence to performance and service level KPIs whilst maximising Selfridges’ value-add from agency relationships.
- Be an industry thought leader that inspires, leads and motivates the team and wider business on all matters relating to SEO marketing, up to date trends and technologies, together with the benefits it has within the business.
- Work with Senior Marketing managers for other Performance Marketing channels, Category Marketing leads and International Marketing, to collaborate on broader projects (e.g. campaigns, attribution modelling, data sharing etc.), align activity where necessary and share best practice execution.
- Work with Senior Trading and Strategy Manager to deliver accurate KPI forecasts & business targets
- Provide in depth reporting, analysis and insight to relevant stakeholders, highlighting the story behind actual and forecasted performance.
- The SEO team consists of an SEO Manager and SEO Assistant whom the Senior SEO Manager will lead and mentor to continue their personal development and growth.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a proven SEO marketing leader who can bring fresh ideas and industry best practices to get the most from Selfridges’ SEO marketing activity. You will be someone who can inject further creativity, technical experience and broad digital knowledge to take the channel to the next level.
This role works alongside the channel leads for affiliates and PPC, together with the performance marketing trading and strategy lead, whilst collaborates with the wider marketing, digital and customer insight departments, therefore inter-departmental communication across company stakeholders is essential and the right candidate must have a broad knowledge of performance marketing, including paid social, programmatic, affiliates, SEO, email and conversion.
- Considerable hands-on SEO marketing experience (either agency or client-side), ideally gained from a high-growth, multi-channel retail business in the premium/luxury sector.
- Expert user of experienced user of SEO tools including Google Search Console, Link Building (e.g. Ahrefs) Crawler Software (e.g. Screaming Frog and OnCrawl), Searchmetrics, SEMRush, Search Engine Business Listings (e.g. Google My Business and Bing Places)
- Strong knowledge, understanding and experience of Performance Marketing channels, and clearly understands the link between SEO and PPC
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills, ideally with a strong proficiency in Excel, and ability to synthesize large amounts of data and information into concise recommendations and action for the company.
- Good understanding of SEO forecasting and how to showcase opportunities of growth
- Ability to showcase value of SEO changes to support with prioritisation of initiatives and business cases
- Strong understanding of technical SEO and experience in communicating technical changes to development teams is desirable
- Experience of dealing with and presenting to multiple stakeholders effectively
- Organised, with an ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects across multiple teams.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about delivering the best SEO practices. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development