Senior SEO Content Writer
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
As SEO Content Writer, you will be producing engaging, creative and informative content, helping to build our reputation as an authority in the luxury retail space, supporting categories such as fashion, beauty, jewellery and homeware.
Sitting within the SEO Team and working closely with the Editorial function, you will play a key role in delivering content that meets the needs of our online customers.
You will work independently at a fast pace, writing compelling category page copy and editorial articles, in line with our Selfridges tone of voice across all divisions, ensuring copy is brand-enhancing and helpful to our customers.
You will manage your own workload including research, writing, editing and uploading of copy to meet strict deadlines.
You will also be required to liaise with multiple stakeholders, acting as the SEO Team’s point of contact for category copy requests, as well as proactively sharing SEO best practices.
As the Senior SEO Content Writer, you will:
- Perform thorough brand/category/keyword/trends research to inform your content
- Create and update category page header content
- Create articles and contribute to SEO content calendar planning
- Support with content reviews and auditing
- Work on other ad hoc copy related projects as required
- Keep abreast of seasonal fashion trends and maintain good brand knowledge
- Keep abreast of SEO industry updates
- Ensure all SEO content ladders up to the Selfridges tone of voice
- Act as the champion for SEO optimised content across the site, ensuring best practice is adhered to without impacting user experience
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience creating fashion, beauty & lifestyle content for a retailer
- Ability to work to deadlines and react quickly to requests with fast turnaround times
- Experienced in using SEO data and best practice principles to inform content decisions
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and how they can impact rankings
- Experience with content management systems and workflow management
- Self-motivated and able to work independently across multiple workstreams
- Understanding of the principles of digital PR and outreach for SEO a bonus
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.