Are you looking for a Senior Retoucher role that gives you the chance to work for one of the World’s most iconic department stores? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in the creative space as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our new Senior Retoucher, you’ll be retouching in excess of 110 product images every day to ensure the highest quality of creative imagery for selfridges.com. As part of this, you will:
- Take on some of the more complex corrections on behalf of the team as well as getting involved with creative imagery for the website and marketing material.
- Take ownership and delegate queries where appropriate.
- Perform all aspects of image retouching including: colour correction run, failed QA retouch sweep and morning lighting tests.
- Track priorities for the department and perform regular production numbers checks.
- Monitor calibration and provide updates for retouching guidelines.
- Mentor new starters as well as support and oversee department training. You’ll also look after freelancers as part of your role.
- Work across all levels of retouching including home pages and gifs.
You’ll be reporting into the Retouching Manager as well as managing 3 Junior Retouchers as part of your role. You’ll be making sure they’re meeting their performance objectives, whilst mentoring, supporting and facilitating their career progression where you can.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll be a fantastic communicator who is articulate in your delivery so you’ll know what it takes to get things done!
- You’ll take pride in being a role model to junior team members and you’ll always be a friendly face to answer questions or help with the more technical aspects of image retouching.
- You’ll be proactive with bags of initiative and you’ll be confident in learning new processes and software. Being a stickler for time will work in your favour too as you’ll need to be able to work as efficiently as possible.
- Having a logical mind-set when making decisions will be a huge advantage and you’ll be able to explain your thinking to others with ease.
- You’ll have had previous experience in a pressured environment and know how to thrive under pressure. You’ll also enjoy exceeding daily targets where possible with a real ‘can do’ attitude.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a creative team who are incredibly passionate about what they do. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop in the Photostudio either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development