Senior Quality Engineer (Test Data)
Selfridges is seeking for an experienced “Senior Data Quality Engineer “with hands on experience building Test Data Management capability for our Tech function. Test data management is an integral part of our delivery process and you have the opportunity to become a thought leader and change agent by applying your technical skill and innovative thinking to build data management and analytics solutions and help our business re-think test design, data discovery and generation
As Senior Data Quality Engineer you will have responsibility for the developing the Test Data Management solution. This role is accountable to develop best practices and bespoke Test data management solutions to ensure efficient deployment, automated provisioning and maintenance of Test data is in place for our business. The incumbent will work closely with Senior QE’s, Quality Engineers, Tech team to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of data management, with continuous focus on innovation to reduce ongoing QE costs while maintaining exceptional quality and user experience.
This role would suit a highly experience Test Data engineer, who has strong and in-depth knowledge on industry TDM tools. design, build, deploy and customize complex test data management and analytics solutions that would create a data ecosystem to influence test design, manual and automated test execution, reporting and overall streamline software application delivery. You will be expected to build custom frameworks, wrappers, and integrations between existing tools and frameworks to provide new, cutting edge capabilities.
The Senior Data QE will work across multiple domains within Tech Team and will be expected to help and guide the teams with all aspects of Test data requirements. You will work with a diverse range of technical and non-technical stakeholders which will require excellent communication skills.
- Responsible for defining and implementing TDM Strategy aligning to Quality engineering principles.
- Responsible for planning, discovery, design, development, and maintenance of test data using appropriate test data management tools and techniques.
- Understand Enterprise Tech stack, Business processes and develop Tools & process for Test Data Management.
- Identify, assess, and propose the tool & framework that matches the various Test Data needs within enterprise
- Designing and developing test data framework, process supporting Devops implementation
- Develop solutions to improve test data management and lifecycle, from production profiling and provision, to masking and deployment to Test environments. Support Technology and Operations by ensuring test data meet organizational needs.
- Work with project teams and domains to ensure efficient sharing of Test data across environments and providing best practices on configuration, scheduling, communication and change controls.
- Develop process, tools & techniques to manage synchronization of data among different applications and implementation of data synchronization and data masking processes in test environments.
- Planning, Implementation & Support: Maintain working knowledge of Test data needs for various technology and capture changing requirements to evaluate cost effective solutions to fulfil them. Work with Quality Engineers and Project Managers to ensure release coordination and alignment to project delivery timelines.
- Focal point for TDM related creation, updates, deployment, and issues. Facilitate complex group meetings for requirement gathering, design, decision making, problem solving and implementation in an agile fashion
- Coach the Engineering team to ensure the test data strategy is understood and correctly implemented.
- The Senior QE will work with the delivery team participating in all estimation and planning sessions, defining, and creating test data requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in conducting TDM assessment and working with stakeholders to define TDM Requirements and Strategy.
- Hands on experience in dealing with data analytics and management concepts such as:
- Data discovery/profiling
- Data quality and cleaning
- Data provisioning, deployment and generation
- Operationalizing data pipelines – from requests intake, processing, reserving, delivery and restoration of data
- Processing scaled real time data
- Producing intelligent data sets in lower level environments – synthetic/manufactured data
- Desensitize confidential information with masking/obfuscation techniques
- Hands-on experience with handling leading industry TDM tools like Informatica,Genrocket, Delphix, IBM Optim.
- Experience in understanding test data architecture in an Enterprise context with focus on the Retail industry
- Hands on experience in scripting and Data mining
- Structured data sources – Oracle, MySQL, Terradata, MongoDB, GreenPlum, DB2, cloud storage, etc.
- Unstructured data sources - app server logs, monitoring tools, etc.
- Working knowledge in Retail industry with focus on Agile and DevOps environments; knowledge of DevOps operations and test integration into the DevOps process and tools
- Technical experience with all aspects of the software lifecycle including design, architecture, development and testing
- Experience in creative solutions leveraging easily accessible technology (cloud provider offerings, open source technology and common technology tooling)
- Working knowledge on ETL techniques, Hadoop, Big data is an advantage
- Strong Technical skills & experience building integration scripts, store procedures, triggers
- Ability to map business requirements to test data needs
- Ability to develop enterprise-wide strategy for test data management
- Experience in handling various PII/PHI related regulation through TDM
- Understanding of Heterogeneous database technologies.
- Able to create and maintain TDM scripts developed in tools / utility
- Capacity planning / Infrastructure to implement a scalable TDM solution
- Ability to lead teams and interact with Business stakeholders.
- Interact with stakeholders to define Enterprise level TDM architecture
- Excellent communication skills and effective interpersonal skills Seeing problems as challenges and opportunities, not roadblocks
- Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Terradata, MongoDB,
- DB2, cloud storage
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development