Senior Planning Manager - Digital Trading (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your digital planning experience? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in digital as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Please note this position is a 12 month fixed term contract.
As Senior Planning Manager, you are responsible for the short and medium term planning of the digital business. Working closely with Finance and the Trading teams, you understand current performance, business objectives and initiatives, and the underlying KPIs that drive the business.
As Senior Planning Manager you will:
- Build strong relationships with Digital Trading and Finance, as well Performance Marketing, CRM, and CX, whose plans and initiatives will be built into your forecasting.
- Own the 18 month planning process, working closely with key stakeholders to build and prioiritse key business initiatives that will drive performance, working under the overall digital strategy.
- Own the commercial forecasting for the digital business, utilising current trend data and future initiatives to give a clear picture on future performance.
- Own the short term forecasting, taking into account current trends and near term trade plans, give insight on expected performance, highlighting opportunities and risks against the plans.
- Lead with the planning and co-ordination of key commercial periods such as peak and sale.
The Ideal Candidate
- Data driven. Comprehensive knowledge of website analytics such as google analytics. You are experienced in planning and forecasting a digital business.
- Organised and proactive. With strong digital experience, you are skilled at interpreting data creating plans based on it. Working across the business to highlight opportunities to combat loses and maximise opportunities
- Commercially astute. You have a successful track record in the achievement of targets and objectives, with an ability to stay ahead of competitors and deliver excellence. You will have specific experience in financial planning, digital metric forecasting, and building digital business cases
- A strong communicator. You can clearly articulate opportunities and risks in the forecast so that key stakeholders across the business can build the right plans to combat.
- Naturally pragmatic and solutions orientated. You are calm under pressure and can give clear guidance
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development