- To be seen as a senior member of the Photography team who can lead, train and role model good practice and values within the Photostudio.
- To interpret and implement the Selfridges creative vision, through the photography of product assets for Selfridges.com
- To understand and maintain best practices, not only to achieve very high standards of imagery but also to maintain agreed efficiencies within the studios.
- Must have strong and extensive knowledge of shooting fashion, achieving the absolute highest standard of imagery for e-commerce and editorial photography where necessary.
- You will be responsible for being part in carrying out test shoots.
- To work closely with their team to achieve the daily targets of 35-65 products per day.
- Must also have a high level of competency in shooting life product.
- Offer support to the Assistant Photography Manager & Photography Manager with daily tasks and duties.
- The Senior Photographer must provide mentorship to the Mid-Weight, Junior Photographers.
- Obtain briefs for creative projects, organising meetings and flagging any potential difficulties in shooting the project.
- Work closely with the retouch department, providing retouch notes and feedback on recent projects.
- Take ownership in shooting castings, reporting findings to the Styling Manager and the Production Managers.
- Train in-house and freelance photographers in capture software and in all applications that are used on a daily basis.
- Continually flag updates that need to be made to photography guidelines by working closely with the Photography Manager and Assistant Photography Manager.
- Help compile and complete the daily studio update, which provides managers and senior members of the team with a daily update on the studio’s productivity.
The Ideal Candidate
- A keen creative eye, high standards, and attention to detail.
- To be able to work under pressure and have a flexible attitude.
- Committed to achieving the best quality imagery at all times.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- A strong ability to lead and inspire.
- At least 4 years experience working as a Photographer within ecommerce and/or editorial fashion photography.
- Ability to shoot e-commerce stills, creative stills and editorial style fashion to a high level, which must be presented in a portfolio.
- Must be highly skilled in shooting high-end fashion and luxury jewellery to a Selfridges standard.
- The ability to shoot allocated product within the deadline set each day, with emphasis on both quality and quantity.
- Must have a strong understanding of other areas within a Photo Studio such as retouch, styling, and fashion brands.
- Must be a team player, with the ability work with a large team of different people in various roles on a day-to-day basis. Must adhere to the following Selfridges values; We Lead and Inspire, We Show Respect, We Own Customer Experience, We Share Our Knowledge, and We Take Responsibility and Deliver.
Your Career At Selfridges
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work