Senior Internal Auditor
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
- To support with delivery of the Selfridges Internal Audit plan. Responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audit and advisory work.
- To identify opportunities and make recommendations that will provide value in the form of operational efficiencies, cost reduction and risk mitigation.
- To support with facilitation of the risk management process, leading functional workshops and maintaining functional risk maps and registers.
- To build effective stakeholder relationships, promoting and demonstrating the value of Internal Audit to support the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
- To play a supporting role in the activities of the wider Selfridges Group Audit & Risk (SGAR) team, supporting and advising other team members across the Group and participating and/or delivering audit and advisory work across the Group from time to time.
- Lead the delivery of audit reviews and advisory engagements, responsible for planning, execution and reporting, in line with methodology
- Define and present engagement scope, taking a risk-based approach
- Provide a balanced view of findings, and propose pragmatic recommendations, with a commercial mindset and customer lens
- Prepare clear, concise working papers and reporting, linking risk to control testing to results to recommendations
- Present engagement scope, findings and recommendations to stakeholders, answer questions and respond to challenges
- Track internal audit actions to completion, supporting stakeholders as necessary
- Manage relationships with stakeholders to ensure Internal Audit remains a relevant, credible and valued business partner, increasing awareness and educating the business on the role, importance and benefits of the Internal Audit function
- Contribute to reporting for the Audit Committee
- Support the team in facilitating the review and management of risk within the business
- Lead bi-annual functional risk management workshops with stakeholders and update and maintain functional risk maps and registers
- Keep abreast of risks within the industry and advise on new and emerging risks
- Contribute to reporting for the Risk Management Committee
- Build strong and effective working relationships with the team and key stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders across the business to understand and analyse issues and root cause, challenge where appropriate and provide support and practical solutions to strengthen the control environment
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders to remain up to date with business initiatives and change, and provide ad-hoc support and advise to the business on risk and control
The Ideal Candidate
- Proactive and takes ownership
- Demonstrate initiative and decisiveness
- Consistently produce high quality work against deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including impactful and insightful report writing
- Passion for customer service with ability to provide practical, customer-focused solutions
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Awareness of internal and external best practice
- Ability to plan and organise with high attention to detail
- Professionalism, empathy, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Clear, concise verbal and written communications, able to present risk and control information to the business in a way which is meaningful, compelling and relevant
- Interest and involvement in supporting the business meet its Sustainability and Diversity & Inclusion commitments
- Qualified, e.g. ACCA/ACA/CIMA or CIA
- Internal audit, internal controls and/or risk management experience (preferably Big 4)
- Experience of the retail sector
- Experience of information technology/systems
- Experience with data analytics techniques in internal audit
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.