Senior Internal Audit Manager
Are you looking for a new Internal Audit Management role that gives you the chance to lead the internal audit team to deliver internal audit, advisory and risk services across Selfridges & Co? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Internal Audit as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As our new Senior Internal Audit Manager, you’ll own, develop and deliver all aspects of Selfridges’ internal audit activity. As part of this, you will:
- Execution of the Selfridges elements of the Selfridges Group Internal Audit (SGIA) plan agreed by Audit Committee.
- Leadership and development of the Selfridges internal audit team
- Organising and overseeing audits and advisory projects in accordance with the plan
- Facilitation of the risk management process including on-going risk discussions and providing updates to the executive risk management committee.
To provide a professional and objective internal audit and consultancy service to the business on the full range of assurance matters and be responsible for the execution of financial and operational audits, advisory reviews and special projects.
To ensure that planning, audit execution and reporting is comprehensive, insightful and adds value; that work is carried out efficiently and effectively and to the required standard. Ensure that audit work is delivered in line with agreed SGIA methodology.
To identify opportunities and make recommendations that will provide value in the form of operational efficiencies, cost reduction and appropriate risk mitigation.
To build effective stakeholder relationships with the executive, senior management and other stakeholders. Promoting and demonstrating the value of SGIA to support the business in achieving their strategic objectives.
To facilitate open action management through meetings with function heads.
To play a leading role in the activities of the wider SGIA leadership team, supporting and advising other team members across the Group and participating and/or delivering audit and advisory work across the Group from time to time; liaison with IT Internal Audit.
You’ll be reporting into the Group Director of Internal Audit as well as working closely internally with the wider business and across the Group Teams. You will also be managing a small team of Internal Auditors, making sure they’re meeting their performance objectives, whilst mentoring, supporting and facilitating their career progression where you can.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Demonstrates initiative, passion, and decisiveness, consistently producing high quality results against given deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including impactful and insightful report writing
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A passion for customer service with the ability to provide practical, customer-focused solutions
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Awareness of internal and external best practice
- Ability to plan and organise with high attention to detail
- Professionalism, empathy, influencing, and interpersonal skills, combined with clear written / verbal communications
- Ability to lead and inspire a team to deliver a world class audit service.
Experience and qualifications
- A demonstrable track record of success in internal audit
- Experience across a broad range of audit areas including operational, financial, IT and project assurance
- Accounting or audit qualification ACA, CIMA, CIA, ACCA
- Strong academic background
- Big 4 experience in external and/or internal audit is highly desirable
- Retail experience is desirable
- Experience managing teams is desirable
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about taking internal audit to the next level. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop at Internal Audit either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work