Senior Digital Designer
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Design to bring the Selfridges unique personality to life? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Digital Designer, to lead and develop Selfridges creative. Based in our London office, a minimum of two days a week, and reporting into the Digital Design Manager, within the wider Selfridges Multimedia team.
As a Senior Digital Designer, you will concept and deliver innovative and cutting-edge creative across Selfridges’ digital channels. We are looking for a highly talented individual, tuned into the latest creative and cultural movements with a broad skillset and strong aesthetic to bring Selfridges unique brand personality to life through their creative concepts.
- Lead the way with digital design and brand for Selfridges; enhancing our customer experience by using your skillset and strong typographic skills to create compelling and innovative design and content that helps shape and grow our brand.
- Work with the wider Multimedia Creative team on creative campaigns - defining, shaping and realising innovative ideas through digital design.
- Work alongside the graphic, digital, and production teams, a 3D Motion Designer and with the wider creative studio, in realising opportunities to enhance our editorial content through strong digital creative.
- Comfortable working on a variable scale of projects - from campaign creative and calendar events to working on large scale brand launches and collaborations with external teams; and being a brand guardian across experiences and channels.
- Work hand-in-hand with UX and Development, support with wider site design and improvements; constantly looking to push forward the Selfridges digital experience.
- Collaborate with other areas of the business to support their channels / needs when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- An interest in culture, media and the arts are a must; being connected and up to date with trends and movements both in and out of the industry, and constantly looking for opportunities for this to inspire your creative.
- Proven experience designing engaging and inspiring editorial content, demonstrating how you have worked collaboratively with other teams such as Editors and Art Directors to realise success.
- Proven experience in design across end to end campaigns – from editorial and digital experiences to digital marketing and social content.
- You’ll have demonstrative experience in a mid - senior digital design role, with experience and an appreciation of a collaborative approach through teamwork as well as the ability to push and develop ideas independently.
- You’d ideally create, or have an understanding of, motion graphics and immersive experiences for collaboration.
- You’ll be used to collaborating with teams, both creative and other areas of business.
- Highly competent with Sketch / Figma / and the full Adobe Creative Suite. Motion experience using After Effects and C4D would be a positive, but not essential.
- Experience using AEM (Adobe Experience Manager, or other similar content management systems, to realise editorial designs.
- Ability to define and redefine design language and support the Digital Design Manager and Head of Design in evolving our brand into a bench-mark setting design leader.
- Ability to navigate through a complex and fast-paced environment
- Commercially astute. You will be attuned to both the Selfridges brand, its competitors, and the wider retail landscape of fashion, accessories, beauty, home, food and drink.
- You’ll have demonstrative experience in working in both digital editorial design and creative digital design, with experience and an understanding of a collaborative, teamwork approach.
- You’ll have experience in and an understanding of UI design, and the fundamentals of a mobile first approach and responsive web design.
- Experience in using CMS systems, with an intuitive approach to using them in different and creative ways to realise engaging designs.
- You’ll be used to collaborating with not only UX and Development teams, but wider creative and cross-functional departments.
- You are able translate briefs into creative and commercial objectives, and drive change in a big organisation, with equal emphasis on detailed design and customer experience
- Culturally connected. With a passion for design and a genuine interest in contemporary culture and what’s happening now and next. Your work must speak to the zeitgeist and be able to contribute to both the design and wider cultural conversation
- Proven background in designing high-quality work for premium brands with a strong portfolio showing visual and interactive design work desirable
- A team player
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about taking their brand experience to the next level.
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development