Senior Digital Analyst
Role Purpose: The Senior Digital Analyst will be responsible for through customer & journey analysis of Selfridges.com & the app and using this insight to drive A/B Testing and business decisions. This is an exciting role to help shape the future of Selfridges.com, and work with stakeholders across the business to share Digital insights and drive data driven decisions.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Trends / Customer Understanding
- Produce Monthly Insight into Customer Behaviour and changing trends online
- Have an inquisitive nature to explore the data and bring new understanding to how customers use the Website
- Support a range of Business Projects and Goals with Analytics to drive a culture of data based decision making
- Work with project teams & Analyst contractors to ensure that data is at the heart of decision making
- Being a driving force in the A/B Testing process. Using data to drive A/B Test & Conversion rate optimisation decisions
- Own the Relationship with the A/B Test Project Manager
- Use Analytics Data to identify Test opportunities and feed these into the backlog,
- Support the A/B team in prioritising the back log using data to determine test opportunity
- Analyse the results of Tests and present back to the business
- Big Data
- Look for opportunities to join data sources, and analyse large data sets
- Make this insight applicable to the business to drive business changes and new ways of thinking
- Digital Analytics Strategy
- Work with the Senior Digital Analytics Manager to define the Digital Analytics Strategy
- Support the Senior Digital Analytics Manager in delivering the Strategy
- Data Governance
- Work with the Implementation Analyst to ensure Tags and Processes are documented and kept up to date
- Support the team during releases with testing to ensure data accuracy
- Work with the Data Protection team to ensure Selfridges uses data responsibly.
- Manage a Optimisation Analyst
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive Experience with Web Analytics Tools (eg Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, IBM Digital Analytics)
- SQL Experience
- A confident presenter with an ability to articulate complex analytics in simple terms.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Strong communication skills with both technical and functional stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and partnering skill
- Numerate degree (Math, Stats, Physics, Computer Science) or equivalent
- Big Query, Python or R
- Previous Retail and/or Marketing experience
- Experience working in Sprint based teams
- Familiarity with JIRA / Task management tools
About the Company
THE SELFRIDGES STORY
Selfridges is a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
The story began when Harry Gordon Selfridge first arrived in London from Chicago in 1906 with his heart set on opening his dream store. With his revolutionary understanding of publicity and the theatre of retail, Selfridges Oxford Street opened its doors for the first time in 1909.
The founder’s spirit of innovation and creativity lives on through its owners today. Since 2003, W. Galen Weston and his family have owned and operated the business, which now includes two stores in Manchester, one in Birmingham, plus selfridges.com and the Selfridges App which both deliver to over 130 countries.
In 2016 Selfridges was the first ever store to be awarded the title of ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. For an unprecedented three consecutive occasions in a row (2010, 2012 & 2014) Selfridges also won the coveted ‘Best Department Store in the World’ award, underlining its place at the forefront of retail.
CAREERS AT SELFRIDGES
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to achieving this. Team members across our business maintain our vision through the values we live day-to-day and the unique Selfridges spirit we bring to every project.
Just as we create an extraordinary experience for our customers, we are dedicated to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work. Being part of the Selfridges community offers many opportunities and unique experiences. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
Here at Selfridges we have 5 values which are the core of everything we do. They are the way we do things, they are actions not words, our moral code and guide how we behave. They are what holds us together and gives us authenticity and integrity.
WE OWN CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
WE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND DELIVER
WE SHARE OUR KNOWLEDGE
WE LEAD AND INSPIRE
WE SHOW RESPECT