Senior Change Analyst
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your Change knowledge and expertise to take Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As a Senior Change Analyst, you will be responsible for the end-to-end change management lifecycle, from assessing change impacts, to planning business readiness, through to ensuring change is fully embedded within the relevant business areas, across one or more of the projects within Selfridges’ strategic transformation programme. You will report to a Change Manager and work closely with key project stakeholders.
As a Senior Change Analyst you will:
- Produce all relevant change and training deliverables within the project lifecycle, including:
- Change Impact Assessments
- Stakeholder Maps
- Communication and Engagement Plans
- Change Plans
- Business Readiness Approach and Tracking
- Training Plans, Training Needs Analyses, Training Materials
- Adoption Tracking and Business Transition Plans
- Tailor the change and training approach based on a variety of factors, including the complexity of the change and established ways of working within the teams impacted
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and act as trusted change advisor within project or wider portfolio area
- Develop engagement plans, including utilising internal communications channels and setting up/chairing forums as appropriate to engage with senior business stakeholders
- Partner with business stakeholders, including Business Leads, to ensure buy-in to the change approach
- Work closely with IT/project management counterparts to ensure change is appropriately represented throughout all project documentation, including project plan, RAID log and project status reports
The Ideal Candidate
- Collaborative, with a proven ability to build effective relationships and influence senior stakeholders
- Knowledgeable within the field of change management, with a good understanding of the project lifecycle and all change and training deliverables within it
- A great communicator. You have excellent influencing skills, building professional, lasting relationships at all levels, across all areas
- Customer-focused, putting your customers at the heart of everything you do
- Naturally pragmatic and solutions orientated. You are calm under pressure and can break down complex problems and provide innovative solutions
- A role model, setting high standards and always leading by example
- Flexible. Able to adapt style to suit a given situation and comfortable working in an ambiguous environment
- Experienced. You have a minimum of 3 years working in a change management role
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development