Senior Business Analyst
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the opportunity to assists senior stakeholders and executives to refine, plan and communicate their business strategy. Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in IT as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
This role will involve working closely with key business functions for Customer Experience and Digital Transformation, and will be called upon to provide this domain expertise for other projects or programme workstreams where there are relationships and dependencies. The role will involve working closely with the broader IS community as well as third parties
As our new Senior Business Analyst for our Customer Experience and Digital Transformation domain you will:
- Plan and estimate the business analysis activities from problem / opportunity definition, through requirements and business solution design, testing and quality assurance, to business implementation and benefits realisation
- Carry out stakeholder analysis, working with Business Change leads to define stakeholder maps and contributing to the communication and engagement plans
- Manage the risks and issues associated with business requirements definition and ensure that the overall solution remains fit for purpose
- Lead the analysis of the existing business architecture (people, process, technology and information) to comprehensively understand the current business capabilities and processes, identify efficiencies and make recommendations for delivering tangible benefits
- Clearly define and document the business problem or opportunity, and actively contribute to establishing the business case and gaining commitment to the change
- Lead the elicitation, analysis and engineering of business requirements through engagement with stakeholders and other forms of internal and external research
- Creatively identify requirements using multiple techniques including (but not limited to) workshops, observation, interviews, and low fidelity mockups (wireframes and workflow modelling)
- Manage and track requirements as they move from discovery through to implementation. Identify when new requirements change the scope of the overall solution and ensure that the appropriate change control processes are followed, including accurate assessment of impacts
- Actively contribute to the definition of key performance indicators, and the definition of the benefits realisation plan
- Keep abreast of best practice and innovation within retail and ecommerce, with a focus on the relevant business domain(s). Share knowledge and findings with the broader IS community and business stakeholders.
- Actively maintain and develop own Business Analysis skills by self-study and independent research. Work with the Principal Business Analyst to improve the business analysis capability within Selfridges & Co.
- Ensure compliance to Selfridges & Co business analysis standards and project lifecycle governance
You’ll be reporting into the Principal Business Analyst as well as working closely internally with Programme Managers, Domain Architects and Workstream Leads.
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant experience in a Senior BA or equivalent position within a multi-channel retail organisation or a leading Management Consultancy. This will include leading the definition of the business requirements and the business solution design of a major transformation in the domains of Ecommerce and Customer Experience and Relationship Management (CRM)
- Demonstrable experience of defining, planning and managing the business analysis activities of a large retail transformation project
- Significant experience of influencing and leading a team of Business Analysts. This includes managing progress, ensuring that timescales are met, and validating the quality of all business analysis deliverables
- Experience of communicating complex ideas and solution options in a simple and resonant way to gain buy-in and commitment
- Strong aptitude for using a variety of visual models to describe and communicate business strategy, business architecture, analysis and design
- Significant experience of structured analysis methods (e.g. SSADM), Lean, BPMN and more agile techniques
- Experience of different delivery lifecycles will be beneficial, e.g. RUP, Agile, TDD and Waterfall
- Experience of using Architecture & Analysis tools for modelling and managing business architecture and analysis (including requirements)
- Ability to eloquently present findings to senior stakeholders and executives
- Strong strategic understanding of technology and how to apply this to a modern and fast paced business
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to work as part of an effective and highly skilled team
- Strong appreciation for user experience and evidences clear customer focus
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about taking the Customer Service to the next level. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development