Senior Analyst - Customer Engagment
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get analytical and use your experience to join our Customer team as Senior Analyst? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As Senior Analyst - Customer Engagement you will have responsibility to monitor and help optimise our unique clienteling and VIP programmes. Our customers expect extraordinary service delivered by people with a genuine passion for what they do and who share their unparalleled level of knowledge whilst taking enormous pride in maintaining our exceptionally high standards.
You’ll share your insight of Customer Engagement learnings and successes to support the evolution and optimisation of our Customer Engagement strategies. You will use your natural curiosity to stay ahead of the latest industry trends by taking every opportunity to expand your knowledge. This is a varied role that will require both strategic performance analysis as well as someone able to run operational reporting and ensure high standards of data management processes.
Although reporting into the Customer Engagement team, you will have key stakeholders across our CRM and Marketing Strategy and Insights teams and will need to build close working relationships here as well as spending some of your onboarding time with these teams.
As Senior Analyst - Customer Engagement you will:
- Analyse large datasets to provide business output that informs relevant and targeted customer engagement strategies
- Profile and segment our VIP customer base to deepen our knowledge of that customer segment
- Build and extract customer lists to support Customer Engagement targeting, including weekly outreach list assignment to retail team members for clienteling
- Define and build reports that effectively measure the impact of these new initiatives and help the team continuously enhance their performance
- Create and manage performance reports provided to wider business with tangible commentary and evaluation across the Customer Engagement remit
- Create and manage recommendation logic for customer communications and contact strategy
- Work with the Customer Engagement team to build data-driven targeting strategies for our customer communications
- Understands CRM KPIs and measures to identify commercial potential by customer, and next best action modelling to optimise life-time-value. E.g. repeat purchase, reactivation, up-sell, cross-sell
- Help build business cases for new initiatives by modelling customer behaviour
The Ideal Candidate
- A university degree in a numerate discipline e.g. Maths, Economics, Sciences
- 3-4 years’ plus experience in an analyst role
- Strong Excel skills (experience with e.g. pivot tables, aggregation of data)
- Proven experience dealing with large, complex datasets of different varieties (e.g. digital data, transactional data, marketing data)
- Excellent SQL skills
- Previous Salesforce experience is highly desirable, including experience building data extensions and automations via Automation Studio in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience building dashboard or self-serve tools, with a preference for Einstein Analytics, Tableau or Google Data Studio
- Experience deriving insights from data and communicating these effectively
- Experience using mathematical/statistical methods to create models and/or forecasts is desirable. Familiarity with statistical software e.g. R, Python, is also a plus
- Experience analysing customer behaviour and profiling customers is desired
- Experience in the retail sector is desired but not essential
- Highly numerate, strong analytical capabilities and evidence of being able to transform data into actionable insight
- Inquisitive, analytical with a continuous approach to optimisation
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, and the ability to juggle multiple objectives
- KPI driven and solution-focused
- Ability to communicate information clearly & concisely
- Ability to create relationships with stakeholders across the business
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development