Selfridges Group Finance Manager
The Selfridges Group is comprised of Brown Thomas in Ireland, Holt Renfrew in Canada, Selfridges in the UK, de Bijenkorf in the Netherlands and Arnotts in Ireland, all of which are successful department stores in their own right. Although part of an overarching group structure, the business has purposefully sought to maintain the individuality of each brand and as such they all have a distinct positioning, in keeping with their local market and the customers that they serve. Beyond the innovative retail environments they are famous for, Selfridges Group have also applied their expertise to an exciting Investment Portfolio.
The Selfridges group is looking for a Group Finance Manager to join our Finance team in our London office.
In this role as Group Finance Manager you will deliver an end to end financial service for the investment portfolio spanning financial accounting, management accounting and financial planning and analysis. Their objective is to provide clear financial information to Selfridges Group management, supplemented with the relevant commercial insight that supports decision making.
The individual will prepare management accounts which provide insight on historic performance, highlighting risk and opportunities and having a clear understanding of their balance sheet.
This role is responsible for ensuring that clear, accurate, timely, reporting and analysis is delivered to management to support robust planning, excellent cost control and commercial decision making and investments. . The role also has responsibility for the budgeting and forecasting process, and cash flow modelling.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Financial accounting and reporting
- Preparation of stand-alone financial statements (under IFRS) and as appropriate other statutory and legal filings for relevant entities.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts
- Clear understanding and management of the balance sheet
- Complete the year-end audit of the financial statements working with external auditors
- Working on a day to day basis with our Finance team in Leicester including AP, AR to process invoices and raise PO’s etc.
- Perpetration of board material in partnership with the wider team
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Build the annual Budget/Forecast & 5 year Plan for the investment portfolio, working with the wider Finance team
- Support the preparation of business cases in the application for funds/capital with financial modelling and analysis
- Review the financial data of potential applicants
- Complete post investment reviews
Treasury & Other
- Prepare cash flow forecasts for the investment portfolio
- Banking, payment runs and building a good relationship with central finance hub in Leicester
The Ideal Candidate
- Held a number of previous roles across a broad spread of finance areas
- ACA/ACCA qualified accountant with at least five years post qualified experience
- Curious, analytical and numerate
- Competently applies technical qualification and ethics to the situations at hand, seeking out assistance where needed
- Good verbal and written presentation skills, able to adapt their style to the audience
- Acts with authenticity, honesty and integrity
- Works effectively and collaboratively cross functionally
- Builds strong working relationships with stakeholders across the business