Security Operations Centre Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your experience and knowledge to lead our Security Operations Centre? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
To ensure a highly effective and efficient Security Operations Centre (SOC) that operates 24/7 365, in accordance with the Selfridges SOC Standard Operation Procedures and in alignment with applicable British Standards and Legislation.
To endeavour to enable the maintenance of the security, safety and well-being of all team members, suppliers, visitors, and customers
To provide overall leadership to a large SOC Team of 12 x SOC Analysts
Managing the day to day monitoring of all key systems (CCTV, Alarms, Travel, Media, Social Media, Building Management, Fire Safety) and their integration, across all key locations.
Managing the centralised incident reporting and escalation, responding effectively to incidents and escalations from a Physical & Technical incident management perspective.
Deputising for the Senior Business Resilience Manager (SBRM) in their absence
Participating in Incident & Crisis Management, exercises, tests and training, as required by the SBRM
Developing policy and procedure, including standards and measurements for the SOC and subsidiary local security control rooms, are fully met
Produce period reporting and analysis for the SBRM as required
Lead on innovation by implementing controls and measures that reduce stock loss in all key locations.
Recruit and train SOC personnel on appropriate security rules and SOC procedures, embedding and owning a positive culture and awareness, across all Selfridges and other related locations.
Establish solid and collaborative working relationships with Security Managers, LP Managers, Investigations Managers and Financial Crime Managers to collaboratively combat all loss and crime.
To build effective relationships with all relevant external parties: Police, National Crime Agency, Crime Prevention agencies and collaborate with other organisations in identifying and sharing good practice.
- A full understanding of compliance with all associated statutory regulations and legislation.
- Develop and establish the SOC policy, procedures, standards and measurements, across all key locations, are fully met.
- Manage the day to day CCTV monitoring across all key locations.
- Manage the centralised incident reporting and escalation across all key locations.
- Participating in business resilience programmes
- Establish collaborative working relationships with Loss Prevention & Security Management
- Produce period reporting
- Attend and present at Loss Prevention & Security meetings as required.
- Recruit, train and develop a leading SOC team
- Prepare and control the budget for SOC operations, to ensure delivery of operational excellence.
- Collaborate in the planning and co-ordination of security operations during high-risk events.
- Assign duties to SOC specialists to ensure effective SOC operations
- Review SOC personnel performance and complete reviews, taking any the necessary in line with company policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- A leader, who is naturally pragmatic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Experienced in developing and embedding effective Security strategies in a retail environment.
- Experienced in developing effective SOC policies and procedure.
- Highly engaging with the ability to influence and inspire change.
- A subject matter expert in the Security Industry
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
- Proficient with IT, security systems and other communications
- Knowledge of security operations, and control room/ARC management
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development