Seasonal Stock Operative - 22.5 hours (Tuesday – Thursday 8 am - 1 pm & Sundays 10 am - 5.30 pm ) - (Trafford)
As a Seasonal Sales Associate, you are an essential part of a team that delivers the extraordinary service our customers expect and love from Selfridges during our magical period. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and what a better way to touch those hearts by bringing the Selfridges spirit to each and every one of our customers during the festive period.
For the festive period you will be required to work Christmas eve, Boxing day and New years day.
As a Sales Associate you will:
- Deliver exceptional service to our customers by building rapport, sharing product knowledge and catering to their needs
- Conduct refunds and exchanges, helping the customer to find another suitable item/product if necessary or alternatively, offer our online services
- Work as part of a team focused on creating a memorable customer experience. From selling and replenishing stock, cashing up and organising rails, to hosting, you understand there is more to the customer experience than just selling
- Manage customer feedback, and use it constructively to continually raise the bar for service, sales and retail standards in your area
- Be responsible for the stock in your department, from unpacking deliveries, (new and replenished lines), to completing audits and maintaining the stock room
- Adapt to the challenges that vary from day to day. A flexible role, you may be required to work on different departments, taking your service excellence and collaborative spirit with you
- Use your natural curiosity to stay ahead of the latest trends by taking every opportunity to expand your knowledge of products and competitors
- Understand and follow health, safety and security procedures, and play an active role in preventing stock loss
The Ideal Candidate
- A great communicator. You will be able to positively engage with all types of customers (domestic and international) with varying needs and requirements
- Well Informed. You will develop excellent product knowledge by following trends and being aware of our competitor’s activity, along with taking part in supplier training
- Known to be a sales and service expert. You’ll use these skills to deliver the extraordinary each and every time and take the initiative to provide additional services where appropriate
- A proud shopkeeper. It will fall to you to replenish stock, maintain the Selfridges standards and inspire others to deliver the same
- Problem solving skills. You’ll go above and beyond to resolve issues for our customers and be able to adapt your approach to each individual customer
- Flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
About the Company
While this is a temporary position, many of the Selfridges team started their journey with us as a seasonal team member. This may not just be a job for the season, this could be the start of your Selfridges career…
Here are some great success stories from our team members…
Macauley Searle (Manchester, Exchange Store)
“I joined the business in 2021 as a Xmas temp, I was then invited back to store on a FTC contract and since progressed onto a perm contract for full time role.
During my time at Selfridges also completed a placement within VM team as I studded Fashion at University. – It’s been a wonderful journey!”
Mia Butterworth (Manchester, Exchange)
“I Originally joined the business in 2021 also as a Xmas temp in Accessories. I was then invited back to Selfridges following the pandemic and was offered a contract on Kidswear alongside University. I have great passion towards Selfridges and Kidswear department, I am growing the social media page to 1000+ followers in order to support my client book, I have also completed a placement within VM this year which I thoroughly enjoyed!”
Asif Hussain (Birmingham)
“I started in November 2018 as a part time Christmas temp, I very quickly fell in love and knew this was where I wanted to be… As a Christmas temp I enjoyed every minute The main thing I loved was how not one day was the same and every day bought new challenges, new faces that came through the doors, Not to mention the atmosphere!”
“I am now a permanent team member and have been promoted to Brand Specialist, working towards becoming a department manager, I have had the opportunity to join the customer connect programme, build my own client base, become a mentor, and be an ambassador for our internal communications on Yammer”
Freya Clark (Trafford)
“I started working at Selfridges as a beauty workshop Christmas temp in December 2020, during the Covid-19 pandemic. After receiving good feedback from my managers, I was hired permanently as a beauty workshop advisor once government restrictions were lifted - I was thrilled!
Fast forward to now, I have moved departments as I am studying Fashion Management for my university degree. I am coming up to a year of working with the most amazing team on womenswear and I have been introduced to the most incredible opportunities. For example, in May I travelled to London to meet colleagues from our flagship store and volunteer in the 'She Inspires Me' car boot sale in aid of the charity, Women for Women.”
Laura Wakefield (Trafford)
‘I started my Selfridges journey in October 2021, this was my second job in retail which I was a bit nervous about with Selfridges having such an outstanding reputation however the team were really helpful, and I felt fully knowledgeable from all the training to join the Selfridges Trafford Store. I have genuinely enjoyed coming to work ever since, it’s a positive and fun working environment especially at Christmas! We have Christmas incentives, games and the store is simply amazing.
Selfridges has given me some excellent experience while I am studding at university completing a Fashion and Business Management degree. I have career development conversations with my manager and feel fully supported in my role. I look forward to develop on my Selfridges journey!’
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.