Sales Associate - Lower Ground Floor, Homewear (Part-Time)
Are you passionate about Homewear? Do you want share your enthusiasm for Selfridges alongside creating an extraordinary shopping experience for our customers? Then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
As a Sales Associate, you are an essential part of a team that delivers the extraordinary service our customers expect from Selfridges. Maintaining the highest of retail standards, keeping up to date on product knowledge and replenishing stock, customer service is at the heart of what you do. An expert for all things Selfridges and the go-to person to help our customers, you are fully knowledgeable of everything about the store including the latest events and services that only Selfridges can offer.
As a Sales Associate you will:
- Deliver exceptional service to our customers by building rapport, sharing product knowledge and catering to their needs
- Conduct refunds and exchanges, helping the customer to find another suitable item/product if necessary or alternatively, offer our online services
- Work as part of a team focused on creating a memorable customer experience. From selling and replenishing stock, cashing up and organising rails, to hosting, you understand there is more to the customer experience than just selling
- Manage customer feedback, and use it constructively to continually raise the bar for service, sales and retail standards in your area
- Be responsible for the stock in your department, from unpacking deliveries, (new and replenished lines), to completing audits and maintaining the stock room
- Adapt to the challenges that vary from day to day. A flexible role, you may be required to work on different departments, taking your service excellence and collaborative spirit with you
- Use your natural curiosity to stay ahead of the latest trends by taking every opportunity to expand your knowledge of products and competitors
- Understand and follow health, safety and security procedures, and play an active role in preventing stock loss
The Ideal Candidate
- A great communicator. You will be able to positively engage with all types of customers (domestic and international) with varying needs and requirements
- Well Informed. You will develop excellent product knowledge by following trends and being aware of our competitor’s activity, along with taking part in supplier training
- Known to be a sales and service expert. You’ll use these skills to deliver the extraordinary each and every time and take the initiative to provide additional services where appropriate
- A proud shopkeeper. It will fall to you to replenish stock, maintain the Selfridges standards and inspire others to deliver the same
- Problem solving skills. You’ll go above and beyond to resolve issues for our customers and be able to adapt your approach to each individual customer
- Flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development