Sales Associate Designer Street Menswear 30 hours (Exchange Square)
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Are you passionate about Men's fashion? Do you want share your enthusiasm for Selfridges alongside creating an extraordinary shopping experience for our customers? Then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
We are recruiting for a Sales Associate to join our Menswear team on a 30 hour contract within our Exchange store who has a keen interest in clientelling and can 'inspire individuality' with clients.
As a Sales Associate, you are an essential part of a team that delivers the extraordinary service our customers expect from Selfridges. Maintaining the highest of retail standards, keeping up to date on product knowledge and replenishing stock, customer service is at the heart of what you do. An expert for all things Selfridges and the go-to person to help our customers, you are fully knowledgeable of everything about the store including the latest events and services that only Selfridges can offer.
As a Sales Associate you will:
- Deliver exceptional service to our customers by building rapport, sharing product knowledge and catering to their needs
- Conduct refunds and exchanges, helping the customer to find another suitable item/product if necessary or alternatively, offer our online services
- Work as part of a team focused on creating a memorable customer experience. From selling and replenishing stock, cashing up and organising rails, to hosting, you understand there is more to the customer experience than just selling
- Manage customer feedback, and use it constructively to continually raise the bar for service, sales and retail standards in your area
- Be responsible for the stock in your department, from unpacking deliveries, (new and replenished lines), to completing audits and maintaining the stock room
- Adapt to the challenges that vary from day to day. A flexible role, you may be required to work on different departments, taking your service excellence and collaborative spirit with you
- Use your natural curiosity to stay ahead of the latest trends by taking every opportunity to expand your knowledge of products and competitors
- Understand and follow health, safety and security procedures, and play an active role in preventing stock loss
The Ideal Candidate
How you’ll do it…you will be:
- A great communicator. You will be able to positively engage with all types of customers (domestic and international) with varying needs and requirements
- Well Informed. You will develop excellent product knowledge by following trends and being aware of our competitor’s activity, along with taking part in supplier training
- A clienteller at heart. You will develop meaningful customer relationships to inspire Selfridges customers to schedule styling appointments with you and book to shop with you in future shopping sessions. You will regularly keep up to date with your customer base.
- Known to be a sales and service expert. You’ll use these skills to deliver the extraordinary each and every time and take the initiative to provide additional services where appropriate
- A proud shopkeeper. It will fall to you to replenish stock, maintain the Selfridges standards and inspire others to deliver the same
- A problem solver. You’ll go above and beyond to resolve issues for our customers and be able to adapt your approach to each individual customer
- Flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.