SEO Assistant Manager
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
As an SEO Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the SEO Manager and Snr SEO Manager in implementing the onsite and offsite SEO strategy across all product categories and relevant markets, delivering SEO campaigns and initiatives that help drive organic growth.
As SEO Assistant Manager you will:
- Support in executing the SEO strategy in our core markets to drive traffic, revenue and new customer acquisition
- Day-to-day optimisation of our product listing and product detail pages co-ordinating content creation and providing best practice recommendations to improve non-brand organic visibility in SERPs
- Perform keyword research in line with key product launches and seasonal events to identify new opportunities for growth
- Assist in developing content marketing activities to maximise campaign performance
- Provide in depth reporting, analysis and insight to relevant stakeholders, highlighting the story behind actual and forecasted performance
- Work closely with Digital Trade to ensure SEO practises are considered, innovative and effective in their execution
- Build relationships with key internal teams across marketing, external agency and the wider ecommerce business, particularly Editorial, Creative , PR, CX/UX and Trading teams to ensure onsite & offsite strategy is aligned
- Support the SEO and wider Performance Marketing team with key financial and budgeting tasks i.e. support building proof of concept cases, PO management, reporting back to the business on key performance metric, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a dedicated SEO role (in fashion or retail a bonus)
- Passionate about SEO, across technical and content, with good commercial awareness
- Knowledgeable of the fundamental principles of SEO, its purpose and best practice
- Comprehensive in your understanding of recent Google algorithm updates and proactive in maintaining knowledge of industry developments
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and develop
- Highly competent user of Google Analytics, Search Console, Excel, site crawling tools (e.g. Screaming Frog, Botify, DeepCrawl), SEO insights tools (e.g. Pi Datametrics, BrightEdge, Searchmetrics) and backlink analysis tools (e.g. Majestic, Ahrefs)
- Experience working with Data Studio a bonus
- A great communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain SEO initiatives to stakeholders with varied levels of SEO knowledge
- Open, honest and personable. You excel in the relationships you build with stakeholders and have proven influencing skills
- Organised and proactive. You can manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly numerical, analytical and results driven, able to use data to measure performance and identify areas of improvement
- Exceptional attention to detail, you take pride in your work and are thorough in your approach
- Flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for tasks that may go beyond the role expectation
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.