Risk and Insurance Analyst
The Selfridges Group is comprised of Brown Thomas and Arnotts in Ireland, Holt Renfrew in Canada, Selfridges in the UK and de Bijenkorf in the Netherlands, all of which are successful department stores in their own right. Although part of an overarching group structure, the business has purposefully sought to maintain the individuality of each brand and as such they all have a distinct positioning, in keeping with their local market and the customers that they serve.
The Selfridges Group Central Team is made up of around 40 people whose purpose is to support the businesses in thought leadership, cross-group project management, reporting and governance. Our culture is a dynamic and fast-paced one, and those with a pro-active mind-set, strong communication skills and an international perspective will find Selfridges Group an exciting, challenging and fulfilling organisation in which to work.
Are you looking for a new challenge, and a role that touches every aspect of an organisation As Risk and Insurance Analyst you will play a critical role in maintaining the effectiveness of the global insurance programme, oversee claims activity, and provide relevant accurate information and advice to stakeholders, enabling our fast paced and dynamic businesses to succeed.
Global Insurance Programme
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across Selfridges Group and Banners.
- Liaise with stakeholders to collect and analyse data for the annual renewal Fair Presentation.
- Set and oversee timelines, milestones and deadlines.
- Work with brokers to extend or arrange new insurances for ad hoc projects/events/services.
- Support preparation of budgets and oversee all invoicing, remittance, recharges.
- Co-ordinate survey programme with insurers and the Banners. Review the output of risk surveys, oversee Banner responses to findings, and follow up on overdue actions.
- Oversee claims handling processes and timely reporting across multiple insurance lines.
- Liaise with insurers, loss adjusters and brokers as required to maximise claims recovery.
- Support implementation and ongoing maintenance of SG RMIS and claims platform.
- Timely and relevant analysis and reporting of claims data to relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate claims review meetings with brokers and lead insurers.
Risk and Insurance Advisory
- Build strong internal, external and peer networks.
- Maintain risk/insurance knowledge, including market developments, trends, risks and solutions.
- Provide accurate and timely risk and insurance advice to stakeholders, including responses to policy queries, commercial contract reviews, and operational risk management.
- Provide data and analytical support to the management of Fire, Health and Safety, and Business Resilience across the Group and Banners.
- Support the development of guidance documents and training to build internal knowledge.
- Provide data and analytical support in the review and aggregation of Banner Risks
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in an in-house insurance or risk function, insurance company, broker or claims environment is extremely advantageous.
- The ability to build strong connections and to communicate, influence and proactively challenge a range of stakeholders.
- The ability to work with multiple stakeholders and deliver on objectives within strict timescales.
- Perseverance and resilience to work under pressure, managing multiple projects concurrently without supervision.
- Excellent data management, organisational, and IT skills (particularly Excel and PowerPoint).
- An investigative, analytical, problem solving approach with a strong attention to detail.
- A passion for Retail with a practical understanding of the initiative and resourcefulness required to deliver in a fast-paced business.
- The ability to convert ‘insurance’ into practical commercial language of the business.
- The ability to gather claims information in a discreet and tactful way.
- A willingness to keep up to date with best practice and engage in membership organisations, such as AIRMIC.
- Recognised Risk or Insurance qualification such as NEBOSH, CII, IRM an advantage, or working towards the same.