Retail Operations Analyst
As a Retail Operations Analyst, you will process, analyse and interpret data to support the retail teams to create effective decision making and problem solving.
As a Retail Operations Analyst you will:
- Effectively analyse sales performance, customer and cost metrics using data to support teams to create effective decision making and problem solving
- Liaise with key stakeholders and produce event guidelines and comparative analysis for key trading events, from CCE, sale, to new space / brand launches.
- Propose and implement initiatives to improve the customer experience whilst driving efficiencies. Coaching our teams to think differently about ways of working and making operational excellence the norm
- Build a strong working relationship with the WFM analysts. Collaborating to ensure that data supports scheduling efficiency and optimisation to allow teams to provide the best customer experience
- Analyse and visualise data to give recommendations to key stakeholders. Utilising data to create a story / opportunity to better manage time and processes, allowing for retail teams to focus on customer and team
- Understand the needs of stakeholders and use data to allow them to articulate/ prove what they are trying to achieve. Take an idea and make it happen with recommendations
The Ideal Candidate
- Collaborative. Working with key stakeholders to simplify ways of working, influencing where necessary
- A great communicator. You have excellent influencing and negotiating skills, whilst building professional, lasting relationships at all levels . Able to build strong working relationships across all areas especially with Retail Ops teams, Finance, IT and B&M
- All over the numbers. You are comfortable and able to provide reports and analysis of financial position and forecast , with a strong working knowledge of Excel and management and exploitation of master data
- Naturally pragmatic and solutions orientated. You find solutions in the data you analyse and can give clear guidance
- Knowledgeable of Retek, Hyperion, Salesforce, Oracle, JRNI, Medallia, My Workday as well as MS Office including Teams and PowerPoint
- A team player. You support the wider Retail Management and Operations team as a whole
- Able to analyse and visualise data to show recommendations to key stakeholders
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
About the Company
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development