Retail Operations Analyst
As our new Retail Operations Analyst, you’ll be involved in carrying out detailed fact finding, to ensure that business reporting is accurate and impactful. As part of this, you will:
- Promote the importance of relevant, accurate and timely reporting throughout the retail team and be the ‘go-to’ person to provide technical expertise and advice on analytics.
- Share your knowledge through unique Selfridges stories and promote awareness of accurate reporting throughout the retail team.
- Be involved in carrying out detailed fact finding, system interrogation and investigation into expense to ensure business reporting is accurate.
- Use your passion for what you do to work confidently with key business functions to deliver an exceptional service.
- Present financial data clearly and concisely to all levels internally as well as supporting the development of new systems to benefit our retail operations function.
- Use your natural curiosity to stay ahead of the latest industry trends by taking every opportunity to expand your knowledge and share this with the rest of the team.
You’ll be reporting into the Retail Operations Manager as well as working closely internally with the rest of the Retail Operations management team.
The Ideal Candidate
- There is no doubt that you’ll be a whizz on Excel and you won’t be afraid to admit that you love a spreadsheet - you’ll need this kind of passion to thrive in your role at Selfridges!
- Your passion and confidence will set you apart and you’ll take genuine pride in delivering a personalised and professional service.
- You will have an exceptional ability to interpret complex data systems to access multiple sources of information and you’ll be a detail-orientated person.
- You’ll bring your personality to the service experience and you’ll always be looking to connect with your customers whilst always thinking creatively to bring your ideas to life – we are driven by imagination at Selfridges and we’d love for you to explore this in your role with us.
- As well as working well as part of the team you’ll also embrace opportunities to build your skills in order to develop and progress in your role.
- A confident, methodical approach is absolutely vital for this role as it is incredibly reporting and analytics-focused. Are you up to the challenge?
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience. If you’re looking to come into a new role that is fast-paced where you can make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop at Retail Operations either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development