Retail Excellence Manager
The role of the Retail Excellence Manager ensures the effective project management of retail operational excellence initiatives across our physical stores. You will support the delivery of the road map as set by the Head of Retail Operational Excellence by seeking to continually enhance our customer experience.
Your role will see you managing a variety of store related projects impacting customer and team member experiences, driving best in class ways of working and operational efficiency.
- Drive and support our customer proposition projects as they evolve to support the business strategy, with a focus on understanding impact on team members and operations.
- Collaborate with the core domain teams to craft customer-centric solutions with our product and tech teams that serve to maximise stores performance.
- Understand operational impacts of domain led initiatives on stores, considering how a new technical change may impact our customers, our Team Members, our ways of working and any other existing tech within our physical stores.
- Identify, deliver and manage end-to-end operational projects across all stores to optimize ways of working and support business efficiency, continuously striving for retail excellence throughout and working towards achieving key KPIs.
- Lead workshops and forums with senior leaders across the organisation to build a holistic view of operational opportunities which exist today.
- Conduct business process analysis to highlight areas of opportunity and produce proposals to optimise our stores operating model.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong communicator with ability to break down complex information and articulate clearly for broad sets of stakeholders.
- Relationship and people driven, able to lead teams and cross-collaborate across business wide functions.
- Quick decision making and problem solving, ability to spot risks, dependencies, and gaps.
- Highly organized with a can-do attitude and ability to plan & prioritise workload effectively.
- Advanced use of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Previous retail or stock experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders, Executive and enterprise wide teams, presenting back progress updates on all stages of the project lifecycle from scoping through to execution – producing business cases, value chain analysis, concept decks, forecasted ROI, budgets, RAID logs and opportunities.
- Influence and facilitate successful cross-collaboration among business wide teams, working with functions in Product, Supply Chain, Marketing, Buying, Finance, Change, Legal, Data Protection, BAs, Customer Services and Stores Senior Leadership Teams.
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business.
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.