Retail Construction Project Manager (12 months contract)
As our Construction Project Manager you will work on key allocated new build, refurbishment and construction projects through design, development and implementation stages to the requisite time. In keeping with Selfridges aspirations and standards, and acting as key liaison between site teams and Selfridges internal stakeholders.
The role will encompass the interface between the site teams, Selfridges Steering Group, the project team and major stakeholders across the business ensuring that planning and communication is coordinated across all groups. Understanding the complexities of delivering construction projects in a working retail environment, particularly in luxury Department Stores, with the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders at all levels is a prerequisite for the role.
- Assist in the production of clear briefs, programmes and phasing.
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders throughout project lifecycle
- Attend and chair all design team and site progress meetings
- Assist in producing scopes for external consultants and compiling formal appointments
- Support procurement and tender process and compilation of contractual arrangements for Selfridges contractor
- Ensure project compliance with requirements of legislation and/or external authoritie
- Manage a team of internal and /or external consultants and suppliers
- Monitor delivery of the teams roles and responsibilities
- Manage change and resolve potential conflict
- Execute a communication plan for all projects
- Communicate regularly and effectively both internally and externally
The Ideal Candidate
- Advanced project management skills
- Experience of managing multiple large sized retail fitout and construction projects in a working retail environment
- Great communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels and areas of the business and with external parties
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Great empathy with brand development
- Ability to coordinate and motivate virtual teams
About the Company
Selfridges is a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
The story began when Harry Gordon Selfridge first arrived in London from Chicago in 1906 with his heart set on opening his dream store. With his revolutionary understanding of publicity and the theatre of retail, Selfridges Oxford Street opened its doors for the first time in 1909. The founder’s spirit of innovation and creativity lives on through its owners today. Since 2003, W. Galen Weston and his family have owned and operated the business, which now includes two stores in Manchester, one in Birmingham, plus selfridges.com and the Selfridges App which both deliver to over 130 countries.
In 2016 Selfridges was the first ever store to be awarded the title of ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. For an unprecedented three consecutive occasions in a row (2010, 2012 & 2014) Selfridges also won the coveted ‘Best Department Store in the World’ award, underlining its place at the forefront of retail.